• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Help with weapon mod

Master_jo

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 17, 2009
Hi I want to create a mod for killing floor to include the FN SCAR in the game. I already have a model for the weapon and was looking to see if anyone would be interested in lending a hand with it. Any area of knowledge is welcome. If you think you could do a good job let me know and I will share all the progress I have made so far.

Well actually I don't have a problem helping you with the weapon... As I've already done a weaponpack. Unfortunately I really lack on time at the moment. So you will have to wait at least untill the end of june.
Animating is no problem.. and Ivan is doing the coding.
That's how the animations look like:

Ivan (fische11) made this video

YouTube - M99

Thats the MK 23 (very very old version.... pre Alpha but it's ok)
YouTube - HK MK23 In-Game Movie

It's a lota fun shooting Zombies in row with that thing.
My Weaponpack contains:
MK. 23
Spas
Barett M99
RGP 7
Desert Eagle
M7A3 (does not exist.. it uses Bullpup design)

But we really have no time port those weapons to KF
(the base code is from the Ballistic Weapons)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well I don't know any good tuts on how to make weps for ut but the most important thing is "ActorX" you can download in for Maya. With this plugin you can export the anims to UT. Unfortunately explaining how to animate really isn't that easy.
You gota make a bone rig and so on.
You should just download some basic tutorials for your programs and then look how to animate.
Putting all into UT is another thing.
But you fellas should wait untill i got some time (end of june). Then I'll see what i can do for ya.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
nice models, but you seriously could have dont at last a little bit of research of how to operate a M99 ;)

Oh I did and that's the way how u operate an M99. There are 2 versions:
1 with a mag and a single shot version (just one cartridge in the chamber)
So you should do some research :)
http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifle_99.aspx
The Barrett M95 has a mag and just needs to be cocked after every shot.
The M99 just has one bullet in the chamber.

Last edited:
Upvote 0