• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Drop Weapon Distance

Arcane

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
england
On many occasions I have tried dropping a weapon in order to lose carry weight and pick up another that is on the ground, but a drop is literally a drop.

Take for example in Counter-Strike. In CS, when you "drop" a weapon, you actually throw it about 5ft in front of you rather than dropping it exactly where you stand.

In Killing Floor, you do just that. I normally have to jump and release the weapon in the air in order to successfully drop it. When there are umpteen mutated chasing you down in a tight corridor, it's hard to do this effectively when you keep picking up the same weapon you dropped.

I suggest making the "drop" distance around the same as dropping Money, and so therefore you cannot possibly pick up the same weapon again, at least not by mistake.

I really hope I'm not the only person who has this problem, as I really have trouble in doing this when I've become so used to the way to drop it in Counter-Strike.

Such a simple fix, too! Just make the 'drop weapon' range the same as the 'Drop Money' range. Please, devs? And while you're at it, when I accidentally pick up a second handcannon and toss it aside, please make it not make me toss almost all of my handcannon ammo aside too?

A marriage simulator? In my game?
I was actually about to make a topic on your second point, but meh. This really needs to be fixed, as I recently got lvl 5 sharpshooter, and I don't always want the duals, or maybe I just want to share with a friend.

Pretty please TWI???

Upvote 0
On many occasions I have tried dropping a weapon in order to lose carry weight and pick up another that is on the ground, but a drop is literally a drop.

Take for example in Counter-Strike. In CS, when you "drop" a weapon, you actually throw it about 5ft in front of you rather than dropping it exactly where you stand.

In Killing Floor, you do just that. I normally have to jump and release the weapon in the air in order to successfully drop it. When there are umpteen mutated chasing you down in a tight corridor, it's hard to do this effectively when you keep picking up the same weapon you dropped.

I suggest making the "drop" distance around the same as dropping Money, and so therefore you cannot possibly pick up the same weapon again, at least not by mistake.

I really hope I'm not the only person who has this problem, as I really have trouble in doing this when I've become so used to the way to drop it in Counter-Strike.

I agree with you...but then again don't get me started on weapon drop...

Upvote 0
Such a simple fix, too! Just make the 'drop weapon' range the same as the 'Drop Money' range. Please, devs? And while you're at it, when I accidentally pick up a second handcannon and toss it aside, please make it not make me toss almost all of my handcannon ammo aside too?

Another request on top of this one.
Whenever I throw my second 9mm or Handcannon, I always autoswitch to the knife. This should not happen either tbh.

Upvote 0