• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server providers that offer more than 6 slots?

No server providers SHOULD be offering them with more than 6 slots.

Sorry I have to say this, but most of the people I've played with enjoy playing with more then 6 people and really enjoy having more then 32 zombies or whatever at once.

I think if these two 'features' were taken out(fixed) then you'd probably have a couple dozen or more people complaining on here and the Steam forums that no one should buy the game.

I host my own 12-Man/64 Zombie server and I have to say, my clan mates love playing with that many people even on a small map.

Upvote 0

Aye but they are. Kind of ruins it for everyone else in my opinion. Not for the reasons that you think, though.

Are they breaking some kind of agreement? Personally I don't agree with it. There's a lot of empty servers because they're all stuffed on a couple 150-man servers. And good luck getting into the trader. :) On the plus side, GS said they absolutely won't support it unless it's made official.

Upvote 0
Why?

Why?

The average squad in any game is generally above 10 people. Why not leave it up to the server operator? What good does it do TW to place limitations? In fact, the more versatile a game is, the more successful it will become. One thing that kept me playing Joint Operations for years and years was the ability to customize my server how I want it, NOT how Novalogic wants it. All other games that place restrictions just dont last long with me. I play them for about 3 months, at the most, then I get bored. I played KF on a server the other day with 30 people, I never had so much fun!!! I urge TW do get rid of any limitations, let the users decide!

Upvote 0
The average squad in any game is generally above 10 people. Why not leave it up to the server operator? What good does it do TW to place limitations? In fact, the more versatile a game is, the more successful it will become. One thing that kept me playing Joint Operations for years and years was the ability to customize my server how I want it, NOT how Novalogic wants it. All other games that place restrictions just dont last long with me. I play them for about 3 months, at the most, then I get bored. I played KF on a server the other day with 30 people, I never had so much fun!!! I urge TW do get rid of any limitations, let the users decide!
Then you pay for all the empty servers. Obviously I'm not having much difficulty. But I don't always say things to benefit myself. This is exactly why that one person said such servers shouldn't even be listed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why wouldn't you want them to?

Pros:
-more people become interested in KF
-more money spent on KF through extra slots
-big servers form their own mini-communities while 6 slot ones only get used by small groups of friends
-a big advantage KF has over L4D
-it works fine, even with 40-60 people

Cons:
-doesn't follow your original plan exactly
-?

Upvote 0
Why wouldn't you want them to?

Pros:
-more people become interested in KF
-more money spent on KF through extra slots
-big servers form their own mini-communities while 6 slot ones only get used by small groups of friends
-a big advantage KF has over L4D
-it works fine, even with 40-60 people

Cons:
-?

I agree with this... i also agree with the dude saying the 32 zombie spawn should be increased per player aswell :)

I own a 32slot server (hosted on my dedicated server) it's current 2nd most popular on GameTracker and i think 4th on GameMonitor...

I have to get the few admins i hired (2 friends, 2 server fans) to change the slots as i've found no script/mod that increases them...

http://www.gametracker.com/search/killingfloor/
http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?game=killingfloor2

Upvote 0

I made the choice to support up to 32 slots after running a 32 slots server for few days (had to make sure it was stable and playable).
I did it for the simple reason theres a demand about this, some ppl will prefer playing the game as it is by default, some others will prefer play it customized. Can be about maps, mods, rules, or even players #
Players who paid for the game and for a server are free to play the game how they want in my opinion.
My personal preferences go to a standard 6 slots server but I admit that from times to time I got fun playing on a 32 full slots fighting a 600 zombies wave :)

Tho I got ur point, the game was made for 6 players so you officially cant support 6+.

We, at RoxServers.com clearly advise customer that the game is by default a 6 players one and those who order a 32 slots know they are playing a modded game.

Upvote 0
Cons:
-?
Well another con will be when you guys demand official maps supporting all those players. You know that if they don't there'll be some form of uproar, why are you only releasing maps for 6 players?!, despite being able to just make maps specific to the server.

I certainly hope they focus on the standard and not the modded. There will be problems down the line with the demands for official support, I guarantee. In essence, the community gets split. Mark my words. This is why they don't want it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you want the game be a commercial success you are somehow forced to let it be modded on players demand anyway.
not supporting more players capacity would be like not supporting custom maps, would kill the game really fast.
I love this game but face it, if you play the original mp version on original maps only it gets boring really fast.

Upvote 0