• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please Cancel AUTO-RELOADING !!

having an option to disable auto-reload would be great, and much appreciated if they implemented it

i'd want it mainly for the immersion factor - to hear that clicking, knowing i'm dry, and then needing to reload - but hell, i'd like to be able to disable the hud for ammo count as well for more immersion

and if they make it so you can, say, quickly pull out your knife even though u were just reloading your two pistols, then they should make you drop the pistols on the ground if you pull the knife out fast; otherwise, it should take a sec to either finish reloading and holster, or put mags back, re-holster the guns, and then get your knife out - i'd say dropping them in an emergency would be more immersive

i hope the devs are watching this thread - there are some great ideas floating around here

like mine lol :p

Upvote 0
I had, to quickly continue to defend myself, BUT that WASN'T possible!!!

It is possible to disable it, I can't remember if I saw it in an .ini or in one of the classes but the setting was there.

To keep from getting frustrated in the future it's best to start backing away when you know you're going to finish your bp clip so you can make up for that shortfall by changing your strategy.

Upvote 0
You can't load just one, but if you try to switch to another weapon while you are firing, before the load starts, you can switch to another weapon (works about 75% of the time). When you switch back, it is loaded. It's definitly a glitch, but it usually works.
Yeah, I've had that happen. But since it doesn't always work, and I still get the two shells magically put in somehow, I figured it was a bug, not a real workaround.

Upvote 0
It is possible to disable it, I can't remember if I saw it in an .ini or in one of the classes but the setting was there.

To keep from getting frustrated in the future it's best to start backing away when you know you're going to finish your bp clip so you can make up for that shortfall by changing your strategy.

Where where where !?!?!?

PLZ tell us ! :eek:

Upvote 0
your saviour has arrived

clicked after reaching zero in clip?
hate the auto reload, want to change to another weapon?
right click to scope! cancels auto reload and lets you change weapons

how the shotty forces you to load 2/8... now you can load 1/8, or none at all.

this thread can go die now
anyone continues *****ing and im going to add fire.

btw, that's not even working.
I still getting my pistols autoreloaded, and nothing stops them, even if I press iron sight button.

Upvote 0
I agree strongly that there should be an option to disable it and if it is a simple ini tweak then I might go poking later on. The main problem for me is the fact that I tend to use the hunting shotty against the patriarch and sometimes when he is clawing your face you would rather switch to two big peacemakers than slowly reload shells whilst he is clawing your face off. I can understand that tactics can help when you are dealing with slower creatures but I do not use the HS at any point other than the patty and as he has a tendancy to sprint,cloak and teleport around the place. It is not as simple as some might think to plan ahead.

Upvote 0
i m going to keep supporting all these 'cancel auto reload' topics because auto reload gets me killed once in a while and its just stupid.

shoot until weapon is empty, hit the hotkey for another weapon, oh wait. i m autoreloading so i cant do anything for several seconds and when my main gun is finally reloaded it switches to the weapon i wanted to use 5 seconds ago ...

Agreed!!

Upvote 0
Bleh, just got killed on wave 10 on a particular map because I accidentally left-clicked when my dual handcannons ran out of ammo instead of switching to another weapon. I'd much rather you simply hear a clicking sound when you are out of ammo, and have to manually reload. At least, the option for it would be really good.

Upvote 0
Autoreload is anti-horror feature.

If a player runs out of ammo in the middle of zombie horde, he will automatically press a couple of times the fire-button. Now it simply reloads the magazine while it should keep the "clicking" voice making things even more chaotic.

There are plenty of movies which have this scene. You know what I mean.

Upvote 0