• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapons suggestions

Hey, I posted this on another thread but it probably wont be noticed so...

I don't want my post to have any flaming on it, just a list of things people want in the game, hopefully the Devs will take notice of it and have an easy, detailed glimpse of what their community wants...

It would be great if weapons were customiseable... you could buy attatchments like scopes or torches and choose which to use

My choices for new weapons would be...

Pistols : Webley VI (1915+ era, British revolver)
With : Power: High, Range: Low, Speed: High
6 rounds per load, Slow to reload, low weight.

Rifles
: Lee-Enfield Mk.III (1907 onwards, British bolt action)
With : Power: High, Range: High, Speed: Med.
10 rounds (2 5 round charger mags) very expensive, very heavy
Options... Scope, bayonet.

Rifles : L96A1 (Early 1980's, British bolt action sniper rifle)
With : Power: High, Range: High, Speed: Low.
10 round box mag, expensive, heavy.
Options... Scope/Ironsights
It is British, currently in use, and looks nice. I have an Airsoft one, works wonderfully.

Battle Rifles : G3KA4 (1959 to Present, H&K made, I think this is the one used by our police) Think this was suggested by the user Hackel first.
With : Power: High, Range: Med, Speed: Med.
Options... Any sight again, option for full auto or single shot.

Bows
: Longbow (No idea when first made :p but I think originated here)
With : Power: High, Range: High, Speed: low.
1 arrow per shot (alt fire 2/3?) medium price, medium weight.
Options... Maybe a laser pointer to aim with?

Medical : I like healing people, its helpful and a bit different from constant shooting... but after 10 mins its very, very repetitive, not to mention awkward. How about some kinds of new medic options, armour repair, some medicine shooting gun, dropping of health packs? :p I dunno... anyone got ideas?

Assault Rifles : Well many could be put in, I have a preference for the Steyr Aug A3, looks nice, and has a wide range of possible attatchments, from any scope, to torches, pistol grips, and grenade launchers. Could have the M4A1RIS, or how about (Though I hate them) something from the AK series, theyre cheap and durable, and common. Main thing is variety in use, from scopes to Grenade launchers, would be very interesting.

Explosives : How about some remote detonation devices, or a mortar, for which you can choose an angle of fire, or stun grenades.

Vehicles : Well i'd like a nice T-34 tank or an armoured jeep, would the game ever be able to accomodate vehicles and if so would they be good?
Also, would they be too overpowered. Could new zombies be introduced to combat against them...

Any other ideas? The more the merrier...

Also, from other people's ideas...

>>>KF could do well with a throwing spear that you can recollect from dead bodies :D From Zetsumei
>>>Or a grappling hook, That would be EPIC! From oobie134
>>>A harpoon from Philosoraptor, very nice idea ;)
>>>Someone (Can't remember who) suggested Spartan shield and spear, well I would love it although it ruins the realism of the game. (I mean related to weapons, they should be realisitc, not the zombies.)

They sound great to me :p

Last edited:
Remote detonation devices sound good, and I think someobdy has already created a mutator to replace grenades with these. When somebody comes near, it detonates 1.5 seconds afterwards. It's a nice idea, especially for deathmatch servers.

I don't like the vehicle idea though. It's a bit too easy for someone to escape the horde if they jump in a Jeep and speed away, I like the current "if you're on your own against more than 10 zombies, then you're screwed" aspect of the game as it is.

Otherwise, a nice list. I'd be more interested to see an automated machine pistol, such as the revised Glock 18, added than just another standard pistol, with alt-fire giving the ability to burst fire 3 shells at semi-automatic mode, and standard fire as fully automatic mode. It would certainly be different.

Upvote 0
Oh, Renagade Raven, you missed out a Submachine Gun list! I don't know about you, but there are plenty of times where I've run out of ammo for my Lever-Action and just want to spray the rest of the bastards. MP5? maybe even the MAC-10/11 if you want to include a machine pistols list too, as many people would confuse them anyway.

Upvote 0
Smg...

Smg...

Bah, who needs submachineguns :p

Ok how about...

SMGs. : Mp5k (1970's to present, H&K made) Kinda Generic...
With : Power: Low, Range: Low, Speed: Max.
15rounds per load, low price, very low weight.
Options... Could have double mags for very fast reloading, but main point is the "k" version is very short, making it ideal for close range fighting, and its light bolt and receiver giving a higher rate of fire.

mp5k.gif - Mp5k
Or...

SMGs. : Sten Mk.II (Early 1940's to 60's, British SMG.) There were 2 million of these made, designed simply to be cheap.
With : Power: Low, Range: Low, Speed: High.
32rounds per mag, low low low price :p, low weight.
Options... There would be no way to customise this weapon, its beauty is its simplicity. And yes I know the magazines were unreliable so if you hate that then i'll just say have the sterling not the sten :)

SMGs. : P90 (requested by many others)
Low Price, Low weight.
Options : Red dot sight, silencer.
To be honest I wouldn't like it as much as a sten or stirling, but it's as good a suggestion as any other gun for an SMG. Not my favourite, don't even know anything about it... Ultra Modern... Kind of Generic too though...

SMGs : Mp7 (Thanks to Janshi for the idea) (H&K made, 2001/2 not sure)
Options : Red dot sight, Night vision, torch, etc.
I have an airsoft one of these, pretty nice, unusual and used by British police so would be great.

Carbine : Beretta Cx4 Storm (Janshi again) (Beretta made, 2003 to present)
With : Power: Med, Range: Med, Speed: Med.
Options : Any kinda scope / light as usual.
I do like this gun, anything not American or overused is nice... though kinda obsolete with the L22 in game. Still, would be nice for variety.

All SMGs would be similar raelly anyway, just different looks, as long as we had one or two...

Attachments

• Sten MK 2.jpg
    Sten MK 2.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Darn I was just going to suggest something like this.

I was thinking it could be like Bio-Shock.

You have to find certain parts in the map and say you upgrade the damage of the flame thrower you'd need a funnel and some duct tape and it changes the model of the flamethrower to have a thinner nozzle (For a more concentrated shot) and say you want to upgrade the speed of the flame thrower you'd have to find a metal hose and a compressor (to push the fuel out of the container)

Well that's what I was thinking anyway.

Upvote 0
Pistols: We definately need a high power revolver and possible a very low powered automatic pistol. A lot of people have suggested Glocks, but seeing as we want variety + atmosphere in this game it'll be a long time till we see a unique suggestion for an auto pistol.

The revolver definately needs to be a Webley. Screw off on the WW2 bashing, as this game has plenty of out of place weapons when it comes to effectiveness, but they still fit and work perfectly well.

The handcannon is an easily overlooked weapon, but as Zeptorem has suggested, we definately need an AMT Automag or something close to that degree to replace the ugly out of place piece of crap.

Assault rifles: I see no problem with a single assault rifle, but there is a need for a lower ammo count, but higher range rifle that fits the role of a semi-automatic sniper. It wouldn't have a scope of course but definately needs some uniquity. A lot have been suggesting a Commando specific rifle. I can only agree.

SMGs: Don't know of a good unique one, but a lot of players seem to agree that a low weight SMG that can be used as a backup to a shotgun, or a LAW, would definately fill a much needed role in automatic close range support.

It may or may not be affected by any perk, being a general use weapon like the 9mm Handgun is. EDIT: wait, I finally remember, the Sten gun. As well as being an awesome British weapon, it'd be cool to have a Bren and a Sten added.

Sniper Rifles: As above, and said many times, everyone is looking to see a 10 round Enfield to either accompany or completely replace our currently Lever Action Rifle.

It would fill much needed roles in long range accuracy and close range penetration, as well as possibly have a scope. It'll be combatted by the fact that it has a bolt-action loading method.

A lot have suggested or seen suggestions of a bayonet option being added for the Zerker, and I can only agree with that as well, maybe even going as far as to add it to the L85/SA80 as well.

Also, some people have suggest the Accuracy International class of sniper rifle, and while I may not agree, it definately is a British weapon that could exist functionally in this game.

Heavy Weapons: First of all, Zeptorem suggested the M202A1 Flash, the best god damn suggestion for another Firebug weapon I've ever seen in my life.

Second, a high ammo count, high recoil, high rate of sustained fire machine gun is definately needed just as well. Many have suggested a Bren gun, which I think is a perfect candidate.

Explosives: Claymores, plastic explosives, molotov cocktails, a different type of one shot rocket launcher. All these sound like perfect ideas.

Plastiques could be given a balance by both having the AOE small, yet powerful, extremely powerful, and therefore dangerous to be close to. However, they have only a limited range.

The same could go for the claymores, while they have always in realitic had both a trip function and remote control option.

Molotov cocktails could be more powerful in terms of crowd control, and you would of course have less of them and they would replace your grenades.

A LOT of the time you see grenade launcher suggestions. I think this is a good idea if it is balanced properely. It needs to be perk specific, and instead of being able to carry frag grenades, they would be replaced by your projectile HE grenades.

Another great suggestion I saw was the idea of an alternate flamethrower firing option. With the added ability of dropping your propane/gas tank and allowing it to be exploded in a wall of fire by ballistics.

Ammo types: It seems to me with the different perks there should be different effects on different weapons, things like bayonets (which can be attached to L85/SA80s btw,) flammable molotovs, flaming arrows, explosive shotgun rounds. These all seem like they could definately be flavour added to the game, only if correctly done and in line with the feel.

Zeptorem has it right, things shouldn't be added just because, they should be properely adjusted and fit the atmosphere completely.

UNIQUE SUGGESTION: We have a very awesome crossbow that works great. I was thinking as an added addition to hunting style weaponry, that a harpoon gun be added to the weapons list. It would wield double to three times the shot power of the crossbow, and would take some extra time to reload of course. It would only be accurate to a degree, precision headshotting would not work.

Also, think about this weapon. The penetration would be nominally massive.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Im a big fan of the HK G3
moz-screenshot.jpg
. How about some custom mods in say fps bannanna

Upvote 0
Pistols: We definately need a high power revolver and possible a very low powered automatic pistol. A lot of people have suggested Glocks, but seeing as we want variety + atmosphere in this game it'll be a long time till we see a unique suggestion for an auto pistol.

The revolver definately needs to be a Webley. Screw off on the WW2 bashing, as this game has plenty of out of place weapons when it comes to effectiveness, but they still fit and work perfectly well.

The handcannon is an easily overlooked weapon, but as Zeptorem has suggested, we definately need an AMT Automag or something close to that degree to replace the ugly out of place piece of crap.

Assault rifles: I see no problem with a single assault rifle, but there is a need for a lower ammo count, but higher range rifle that fits the role of a semi-automatic sniper. It wouldn't have a scope of course but definately needs some uniquity. A lot have been suggesting a Commando specific rifle. I can only agree.

SMGs: Don't know of a good unique one, but a lot of players seem to agree that a low weight SMG that can be used as a backup to a shotgun, or a LAW, would definately fill a much needed role in automatic close range support.

It may or may not be affected by any perk, being a general use weapon like the 9mm Handgun is. EDIT: wait, I finally remember, the Sten gun. As well as being an awesome British weapon, it'd be cool to have a Bren and a Sten added.

Sniper Rifles: As above, and said many times, everyone is looking to see a 10 round Enfield to either accompany or completely replace our currently Lever Action Rifle.

It would fill much needed roles in long range accuracy and close range penetration, as well as possibly have a scope. It'll be combatted by the fact that it has a bolt-action loading method.

A lot have suggested or seen suggestions of a bayonet option being added for the Zerker, and I can only agree with that as well, maybe even going as far as to add it to the L85/SA80 as well.

Also, some people have suggest the Accuracy International class of sniper rifle, and while I may not agree, it definately is a British weapon that could exist functionally in this game.

Heavy Weapons: First of all, Zeptorem suggested the M202A1 Flash, the best god damn suggestion for another Firebug weapon I've ever seen in my life.

Second, a high ammo count, high recoil, high rate of sustained fire machine gun is definately needed just as well. Many have suggested a Bren gun, which I think is a perfect candidate.

Explosives: Claymores, plastic explosives, molotov cocktails, a different type of one shot rocket launcher. All these sound like perfect ideas.

Plastiques could be given a balance by both having the AOE small, yet powerful, extremely powerful, and therefore dangerous to be close to. However, they have only a limited range.

The same could go for the claymores, while they have always in realitic had both a trip function and remote control option.

Molotov cocktails could be more powerful in terms of crowd control, and you would of course have less of them and they would replace your grenades.

A LOT of the time you see grenade launcher suggestions. I think this is a good idea if it is balanced properely. It needs to be perk specific, and instead of being able to carry frag grenades, they would be replaced by your projectile HE grenades.

Another great suggestion I saw was the idea of an alternate flamethrower firing option. With the added ability of dropping your propane/gas tank and allowing it to be exploded in a wall of fire by ballistics.

Ammo types: It seems to me with the different perks there should be different effects on different weapons, things like bayonets (which can be attached to L85/SA80s btw,) flammable molotovs, flaming arrows, explosive shotgun rounds. These all seem like they could definately be flavour added to the game, only if correctly done and in line with the feel.

Zeptorem has it right, things shouldn't be added just because, they should be properely adjusted and fit the atmosphere completely.

UNIQUE SUGGESTION: We have a very awesome crossbow that works great. I was thinking as an added addition to hunting style weaponry, that a harpoon gun be added to the weapons list. It would wield double to three times the shot power of the crossbow, and would take some extra time to reload of course. It would only be accurate to a degree, precision headshotting would not work.

Also, think about this weapon. The penetration would be nominally massive.

Probably one of the best posts in the Ideas section. I agree wholeheartedly. SMLE *has* to happen. The Bren would be nice, though I would understand if it doesn't go through. And the harpoon gun just fills me with joy.

As for the SMG option, might I suggest the Beretta Cx4 Storm:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_Cx4_Storm
Beretta-Cx4-Storm-p1030164.jpg

It's a carbine, but still. It's small, it LOOKS awesome (seriously, I loved these in BSG. Happy not see the typical P90), and semi-automatic. It is the only weapon I have ever suggested so far that does not have UK-use - it's actually more used by law enforcement in the US. Still, I would put this into the category of "Awesome, so who cares?" - which is where the chainsaw and crossbow are.

Alternatively, there's the MP7:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_MP7
MP7-forsvarsnett.jpg

This one is actually used by the British Military Police. It looks great, sounds great, and is NOT the MP5/P90, so that just makes it better automatically.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Might as well copypaste my ideas, since no one read them when they are their own thread:

In this gamer's humble opinion, not enough stock is placed in player's personal choice with how he wants to play the game. KF does an excellent job with the perk system, but it could become so much more. So, I've come up with a list of varied weapons to not only make each class more specialized but allow players more control over how they play.

This is kinda what I have in mind:

Commando weapons:
- L22 (Bullpup): Default stats.
- Thompson Model 1928: Weighs less (even though it doesn't in real life, but bear with me), costs less, reloads quicker, less recoil, less powah. Player can carry more magazines for it.
- Bren Mk.2: Weighs a lot, costs a lot, reloads the slowest, most powerful, high recoil (recoil reduction when crouching).
- Commando should also be able to see the Patriarch when cloaked, the same way he sees Stalkers, making him more useful in the boss fight.

Sharpshooter weapons:
- Winchester model 94 (lever-action rifle): default stats.
- Crossbow: more powerful, slower, longer range.
- AR-10 of some kind: Much faster firing, but lower power and very expensive.
- Barrett M99: Most expensive, weighs a bit less than the LAW (IE, so you'd only have room for a handcannon), extremely powerful, slow rate of fire, can go through multiple enemies.

Support Weapons:
- Pump-action shotgun: default stats
- Hammerless coach gun (Hunting shotgun): Very powerful, slow rate of fire, short range.
- Some manner of short barrel shotgun: very low capacity, more or less similar to regular shotgun, weighs less. Like this.
- Saiga 12: Quick reload, high rate of fire, expensive, high weight, lots of recoil, lower power.

Flamethrowers:
- Flamethrower: does what it does.
- Crocodile: ignites enemies only, can set fire to areas for period of time, half the range, uses up ammo slightly quicker, weighs a bit less, costs the same.

Pistols:
- Beretta 92FS (9mm tactical): default stats
- Desert Eagle (handcannon): High power, low rate of fire, high recoil, low capacity, high weight.
- Para P-14: More or less a midway between the handcannon and the 9mm.
- MAC-11: low power, high rate of fire (not very controllable), most expensive, heaviest, can't be dual-wielded.

Rocket lawnchairs
- Current LAW disposed of, and replaced with the following
- M72 LAW: costs $200 apiece, single-shot, disposable, weighs 1 kg. Very effective against fleshpounds, scrakes and patriarchs, little spash damage. You should be able to buy a few of these and stack them.
- M202A1 FLASH: Four-shot, long reload, weighs as much as a flamethrower, costs 1200, affected by Firebug perk, sets enemies in splash area alight, very effective against groups, less so against big enemies.

Other things:
- Flare gun: all players have them by default, it recharges like the syringe gun (one shot requires 100 units), and can be used to send up a flare to signal for help, alert your teammates to where you are, or for illumination. Imagine walking around in the dark in KF-Farm, then firing up a flare and seeing, bathed in red light, dozens of specimens surrounding you.

Upvote 0
In my opinion, the game lacks 4 weapons. An SMG, a Machine Pistol, another Assault rifle, and a Bolt Action rifle. Here are my 2 pence.

MAC-11 Machine Pistol:
MAC-11.jpg

HK MP5 SMG: (Heckler & Koch looks much nicer than others imo)

hk20mp51.jpg

M4A1 Carbine Assault Rifle: (ignore the M203)

m4options.jpg

Kar98k Bolt Action Rifle w/ Bayonet: (sorry to SMLE fans, but this rifle is a beauty)

kar_98k.jpg

With these 4 added to the weapon roster, the game would be much better. M4 is a little standard, and perhaps it could be replaced with the HK416 which is a strong contender for modern rifles in the US army at the moment. Technically a lot more reliable too. Still uses 5.56 ammunition but is a lot more resistant to damage with sand and water.

HK 416:

0hk416.jpg

Upvote 0
Thanks Zeptorem, Philosoraptor and others :)
Oh and chicxulub i agree with bayonets but dont mention katanas around Zeptorem :p

Wait... did someone say... "katanas"? Hold on a sec...

Here're a couple of what I think would be cool additions:
And some blades. Lots of shops sell replicas which are quite deadly:

japanese-swords-samurai-swords-musashi-maou-kaze-katana.jpg

>cool
>katana
>does not compute

Hot tip! 99.9% of replica katanas would fall apart if actually used, and 100% of real katanas would suck against zombies, especially in the hands of a British solider.

Also, they don't fit in the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0