• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Custom Playermodels?

I really hope so. Custom content will really help this game gain replayability and everything. Hopefully TWI is more open to customizing this than they were to RO where it was basically restricted.

I've heard that custom skins don't work right now, but who knows.

Well custom content was available in ro:confused:? it just had to be server side if you wanted to use it online, and that was to stop cheating.

Upvote 0
In Unreal tournament 2004 you was able to use new skins and models..
its possible to do the same with KF but is hard for beginners like me :p

I dont know if ppl will be able to auto download your custom skin/model befor connection in the server you are playing..

Here you can see a model from UT2k4 in KF:

Attachments

• ut2k4model.jpg
    ut2k4model.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 0
  • ut2k4model2.jpg
    ut2k4model2.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 0
  • ut2k4model3.jpg
    ut2k4model3.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I'd just need the base skeleton of the characters, for animation compatibility and of course, know which sockets to add, etc.

I hope player models not to be server side, otherwise it would suck. I know in UT2k4 you could use custom player model characters even if the server didn't have them. Other players who didn't have the model would see that player as the default model.

Upvote 0
you might find them in the sdk.. i looked around and found the animations for holding a gun or crouching and all that stuff, so it might help you ;)

Yeah, animations tell me the... animations name, but I'd need the base skeleton for them, otherwise I'd have to do them all from scratch...

Although I could think about that already... I'd just need to know the player model scales (sizes), offsets and such.

Upvote 0
Yeah man, it does...

I don't mind about "people having to download the model first, otherwise they wouldn't see you", but having to replace default models... dunno... and well, I'm a bit paranoid of my custom player model being copied, so I don't really have plans to publish it at all... I wish it was like in Half-Life 1... you can put any player model you want, if other people have it, they see it, otherwise, default player model, and server doesn't load player models, because they're not server side, so the server doesn't need to have them and you can keep them personal for yourself, etc.

Upvote 0