• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

General Protection Fault! Doesn't detect my video card

I have a second GFX card I can test with, tomorrow. It's 2Am, so I will wait till then.

My current card is a nVidia BFG Tech 9800 GTX+, while my other card is an old nVidia .. 4600? Or 4400, I forget. I'll update this thread with results, tomorrow.

Also, to the Tripwire dev on here, a fellow user with the same problem on the Steam forums said his problem was solved, after simply reformatting his PC.

Upvote 0
i've reformatted too , run a mem test and no errors , changing the ;reneder , aaaaaaaaand .... surprise ... it continue crashin .... probably i think it a "mark" of ram problem , i mean if the ram isnt from a good mark tehy'll get too hot (as i touched 'em last night) and they loose theyr power.... and even if you got for examples 2 gb ram they game runs with 1 or wrost , less.

Upvote 0
Formatting usually fixes any problems, but not everyone can do it all the time. Jen4 I'm surprised it didn't fix your problem, wow.

you know the bad thing? did you see someone from the dev/support team answering? i would so happy if , even takin a "ok we're workin on it" and they found a solution in the 2023 , i'll be happy anyway , more than be ignorated this way , but im optimistic and i think that they're ignoratin me cos they're full immersed in the new patch that will solve this problem ...

p.s.
i read somewhere that a lot of ppl had same problems on red orchestra a lot of time ago and ... i'll let you imagine

Upvote 0
Could you guys try using this config : [url]http://dayleflowers.com/TestKillingFloor.ini[/URL] (this config comes from a user with a similar issue who got this config from a friend and it fixed his issues)

Change the name back to killingfloor.ini also change the resolution inside back to a default 800x600 or your desired resolution.

Thanks, I'll give it a try when memtest is finished.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Could you guys try using this config : http://dayleflowers.com/TestKillingFloor.inihttp://dayleflowers.com/TestKillingFloor.ini (this config comes from a user with a similar issue who got this config from a friend and it fixed his issues)

Change the name back to killingfloor.ini also change the resolution inside back to a default 800x600 or your desired resolution.

doesnt work ...

mine works :
ok maybe i got something , im italian ... and when i play on an italian server (gametest.it or something like that) i can play over 2 hourse before crashin ... ive noticed the "mini lag" during the game ... when server create miniwaves ... my system survive for over 2 hours of that ... so crashin , reboot and i can play for other 2 hours ....
and if i uncheck system audio i can play without those blue screen

i hope to be helpful

Last edited:
Upvote 0
doesnt work ...

mine works :
ok maybe i got something , im italian ... and when i play on an italian server (gametest.it or something like that) i can play over 2 hourse before crashin ... ive noticed the "mini lag" during the game ... when server create miniwaves ... my system survive for over 2 hours of that ... so crashin , reboot and i can play for other 2 hours ....
and if i uncheck system audio i can play without those blue screen

i hope to be helpful

Well your error is something else entirely. People that are getting the, "Video: No Video" prompt can't get into the game at all.

Upvote 0
Video: no video

is not the error, i played ro with "no video" (and "no processor") for ages you just never see it unless you look in your log. Videodetection mostly got to do with a kind of drivers etc but its not what is crashing your game per se.

The message below is the actual crash message. Although the fmalloc windows free one is quite likely due to a detection of a device. So that could be video related in this case. But more often than not does video: no video not really say a thing :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0