• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Dedicated Server not showing up for SOME people... help anyone?

Chameleon

May 15, 2009
Ok, So I had a dedicated server running last night with no problems. I was able to see it in the "Internet Games" tab, as was my wife. And, we also had plenty of random internet users joining the server, so we thought all was great!...

However, when I had about 2 of our friends look for our server in the "Internet Games" list, they couldn't find it... why might this be?

Given we had random internet users joining in our server, it seemed to me like it was probably showing up for them in the list just fine. So it makes no sense why our two friends couldn't find it listed (and they refreshed the list several times, with no luck).

Any help on this issue would be appreciated! Thanks!

I have something to add to the server not appearing thing. my server will not show up in either the steam browser or the KF browser. I can join through the lan browser all my ports are fowarded and others have joined my server. However my friends cannot join on me but random chaps from the internet tell me it shows up fine in their browsers?

I have tried opening the server directly from the game as dedicated as well as using the tutorial way. My router is a linksys WRT54GS router with speed boost.

Hope you can help, thanks Sren :)

Upvote 0
I have something to add to the server not appearing thing. my server will not show up in either the steam browser or the KF browser. I can join through the lan browser all my ports are fowarded and others have joined my server. However my friends cannot join on me but random chaps from the internet tell me it shows up fine in their browsers?

I have tried opening the server directly from the game as dedicated as well as using the tutorial way. My router is a linksys WRT54GS router with speed boost.

Hope you can help, thanks Sren :)

Have you tried enabling "ServerBehindNAT=True" in KillingFloor.ini?

Upvote 0