• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lets summarize all intel we got!

CCCP

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 27, 2006
Hi All.
At first I was going to ignore all the screens and prints untill official release from TWI but then i could not resist and of course found the prints online to study them .
So lets sum all our best queses on what the game will look like and what's there but please give explanations why do you think so so we would not gonna have our wishes but rather some sort of research
This are my findings
1- This is just the first installment so we are going to see say RO-Heroes of Kursk and RO- Heroes of Europe and say RO- Heroes of Operation Saturn etc.
Its just make sense all the present games are taking this route of smaller releases with the folow up stories
2- I'm afraid there would be NO tanks in this one . Sorry to admit but it sims that they are not going to fit in ROHS. Very strong emphasis is placed on infantry and close combat.Maybe I'm wrong because there was a tank factory in Stalingrad but I'm not expecting long engagments in fields.
Maybe some AI controled or player comands controlled tanks but not classic RO tanks.
3- The game most likely will be release very late 2009 or even 2010
( in lower right coner of print it says release 2010 ) So we probably have to wait and stay cool :cool:
4- There would be bleading and bondages so guess medics aswell
wich again proovs that is most likely is going to be a squard base game
5-GAME LOOKS GREAT exept some stuff that will get sort out like lol ultra shiny boots and helmets like they are from DOD source or something.
6- Looks like there is going to be 2 man MG that can possibly bring Maxim to us.And new weapons like mouser pistol on one of screens you can clearly see it
7- Looks like there would be no jumping
8- Destructable environments at least some is very likely
that's why there are bombers on website

it's kind of hard to tell a lot from those pictures......OFFICIAL TWI correct me if i'm wrong but that looks more like concept art and not real gameplay screenshots.

it seems like that could be what is planned having "sequel" games all to focus on individual campaigns/battles. hopfully that will not happen and we'll see a variety of maps and the intense tank/CA combat that we see in Ostfront.

destructable environment to an extent looks like a possibilty. new early war weapons look like a yes. 2 man heavy mg might be nicer to see instead of countless players following the mg around the entire round to resupply, and in reality mg teams consisted of 2 soldiers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yes BS you are wrong. Somewhere a dev stated its actual ingame screenshots...:p

6- Looks like there is going to be 2 man MG that can possibly bring Maxim to us.And new weapons like mouser pistol on one of screens you can clearly see it

hmm...could also ba a sniper, or someone carried the luger for "screenie" purposes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well the 4th panzer army and 16th panzer division was present during Stalingrad. Tanks are a pretty big part of RO. I think they would let a lot of people down without them. Personally not much of a tanker myself. All this is just speculation of course. Also seems like the German soldiers had a disadvantage in this time frame when it comes to anti tank weapons.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The topic is a bit misleading, what you have written is not any intel but some self guesses.

BTW, tanks are an internal part of Red Orchestra. It'd be quite surprising to see them not included. The only possibility is that TWI may prefer to include them later on with a new theatre. But I doubt it.

Upvote 0
1- This is just the first installment so we are going to see say RO-Heroes of Kursk and RO- Heroes of Europe and say RO- Heroes of Operation Saturn etc.
[...]
3- The game most likely will be release very late 2009 or even 2010
( in lower right coner of print it says release 2010 )

This speculation is so far away! So second and later installments will arrive in 2012, 2013?

"Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future." :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
label, i have seen the article and never saw the confirmation posted anywhere. if that's gameplay footage then this is going to be interesting

I cant find it now but one of the devs said in a previos topic that all the mag screens were ingame. and not posed.

I would think they would use a lot of old RO content as a base, and add and fix things up as they go. From the screens most of the models are clearly from stock RO (wiring, boxpile etc)

Upvote 0
You could look at it this way that it could be squad based or infantry only at release only because they know that the mod community with the new engine can create anything they'd like, let alone revamping EVERY single map already in RO up to the new engine and or customs.

Sure it would be a lot of work etc. but with the availability of an SDK and with the mod community, it is free to create whatever they'd like, tanks, planes, maps and so on.

Someone already posted elsewhere on the forum that the owner or one of the devs is a huge tank buff so with that being said and if that is factual then you'll probably still see plenty of vehicles in game, especially tanks.

The community is kind of split when it comes to those who enjoy tanks and those who enjoy infantry. I'd think that infantry has the greater number, just a guess. Nothing though beats a combined arms and with maps like Konigs from the original, I'm sure we'll see some great combined arms maps of Stalingrad and its surroundings...

Upvote 0
label your recent thread attackings at me for no reason makes me sigh and laugh at the same time :rolleyes:

to be constructive, in the one screen, you can see the german climbing into the train car so that looks nice. no more having to dive or jump all the time. didn't know if that was mentioned somewhere in some other thread but i didn't see it in this one. if it is in another thread then why does this one even exist?

Upvote 0