• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad Role-info (proposal)

The_Emperor

Grizzled Veteran
May 9, 2009
Milkyway
Hi fellas,

I've been thing a lot about role info for the German Army in Stalingrad. It's based on RO:Ostfront 41-45's role info, I changed names cause I found them more fitting. I also made a small description on what the class is like, what it was in the Great War and/or how the player should act when using this class.

Please share your thoughts! :)

Attachments

• Role-info German Heer_for_ROHOS.pdf
    51.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
You won't play them? Then leave it to other people who want to.

You hate the idea of dogs? Explain why and do not simply mention you hate the idea and it's BS. Your comment reminds me of something like:

"Ah no, we've done this like that for ages."

or

"There could be anybody coming up with that."

"Old fashion is working, why something new to attract people?"

You simply complain about it and you say "Ah I will not buy the game when it's in".

1.) You've never played a game where attack dogs can be played by human player and are not AI-controlled

2.) Are you threatening TWI with you not buying their game then? This is ridiculous.

You want a real distance between standardized spray 'n' pray and Red Orchestra?
The Attack Dog would definitely do so. There's no such game which features this. Now don't tell me cause nobody wanted it. TWI wants to set up a game featuring a Wehrmacht Campaign. Nobody has done before, it's innovative. Just like the idea with the attack dog.

Now evidence that you can give real good reasons against it. "I hate the idea!" is nothing like that. If you can only discuss on that level and "threaten" us that you don't buy the game you should stop discussing with us here.

Upvote 0
There's no such game which features this

ever wondered why no game features this? ;)
it certainly is not featured because its a great adition to a game

and we didnt come up with a reason, because there is no reason besides its BS

this idea is as ridiculous as having cake throwing clowns riding on clowncars to battle

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Either you are coward of something new and you want to block it out at all costs. Or you simply don't want to get the idea behind it.

Ridiculous? I'm in heavy use of my brain for good ideas on the modification and then not a second after posting it here, some ventures like you grab pieces and tell it to shred by just saying it's BS.

I'm sorry to see this. But it just shows you're not able to give good reasons. So if there's no good reasons you simply call it crap and that's it. Very sad to see that.

So please stop your "****/crap/BS" posting to any of my ideas, it's something to spare out in a real discussion. Thank you.

Concerning the "Zugf

Upvote 0
Either you are coward of something new and you want to block it out at all costs. Or you simply don't want to get the idea behind it.

Ridiculous? I'm in heavy use of my brain for good ideas on the modification and then not a second after posting it here, some ventures like you grab pieces and tell it to shred by just saying it's BS.

I'm sorry to see this. But it just shows you're not able to give good reasons. So if there's no good reasons you simply call it crap and that's it. Very sad to see that.

So please stop your "****/crap/BS" posting to any of my ideas, it's something to spare out in a real discussion. Thank you.
have you ever played ro befor??? players are coming at you strafing to avoid being shot playercontrolled dogs would do the same, strafe at you.... a real dog would never do that. thats the problem with playercontroled dogs....
AI dogs would be a better solution(see CoD5).
but i dont like the dog idea anyway because Ro should stay a EgoSHOOTER and not a EgoSHOOTER/DogHuntSIMULATOR/DogSIMULATOR...

if thats no reason to keep dogs out i dont know...

and if you want your puppies in game ask a modder, who shares you opinion, to make a dog mod, but stock RO should stay dog free

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Concerning the Terminator Attack Dog:
As I stated right from the start, let's try it out and later if it's not working you can easily patch it away.
This is like when you notice a weapon is too strong and you patch it in order to balance it.

I can remember the discussion about the IS-2 in the mod days. The Panther was yet very strong and now the got in an even more evil steel beast. At least the community accepted the monster.

So let's don't bash off each others head about it, simply see what game play will tell. :)

Now dear others look at RedGuardist, he's giving true reasons against it, he's not using bad language and he brings in new ideas like the "Zugf

Upvote 0
I don't like it for all the reasons already mentioned.

I already consider myself a confirmed purchaser of ROHOS, and I am really looking forward to it, whenever it comes out. Tripwire would have to really deviate from ROOST's current format for me not to buy this game. Dogs, especially as described here, are something that would cause me to seriously consider not buying the game. It's that simple.

Upvote 0
RO has a semi-realistic setting and attack dogs just doesn't fit in(obviously). Maybe CoD, but not RO. Medic also doesn't fit in, for the same purposes. Medics didn't really hang out in the battlefields of the Eastern Front, because they were bullet magnets. If you're shot, good luck untill someone carriers you back.

4 handgrenades is also too much, there's incredible amounts of nadespam already. Hell I even object to 2 grenades in Ostfront in some cases :) I suggest a forum search about the "Eastern Front and Medics" issue, same goes to grenades.

Otherwise, a reasonable list but also isn't too different than current Osfront's.

Btw: What about keeping all your ideas in a single thread? If you want to make suggestions, very well. But spamming forums thread after thread is getting ridiculous. There are 4 of your threads lined up right now.

Upvote 0