• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Runtime Library C++

DyKo

Apr 9, 2006
I have looked at most of the existing posts on this error, however none of them seem to work... here is what I have tried;

1- updating direct X
2- another update mentioned in a topic (forgot :p)
3- Verifying cache
4- running through exe located in steamapps>common>red orchestra>system
5- deleting the whole red orchestra files and reinstalling a fresh

None of these seem to work, here is the error from the exe.

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 1871 MHz with 1022MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT (7824)

General protection fault!

History: APlayerController::execGetPlayerIDHash <- (CinematicGame ROintro.CinematicGame @ Function Engine.GameInfo.PostLogin : 0369) <- UObject::processEvent <- (CinematicGame ROintro.CinematicGame, Function UnrealGame.CinematicGame.PostLogin) <- ULevel::SpawnPlayActor <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

and also the error when running straight from steam...

Runtime error!

Program: ...m\steamapps\common\red orchestra\system\redorchestra.exe

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications bla bla bla bla...

Help would be greatly appreciated.

(P.s - don't ask about the name, I can't remember making this but apparently I already have an account on my email address, so meh :p)

Sorry guys, we dont have any control over Steam's Support System...sadly, we are at their mercy when it comes to Steam's problems. And trust me, you guys are one of the many RO players that have had problems with Steam. In general, though, the system works fine...probably about 80% of the time people have no issues with any games. I would like to see it over 90%, but they are adding soo much new stuff now days that they're bound to have some issues.

Please bear with us and them, you will get back to RO goodness soon =)

Upvote 0
What OS is everyone using that is getting this error? I would try right clicking on the .exe of RO and pick Run as Administrator to see if you still get the error. If you still get the error try Right clicking on the .exe and click compatibility tab and try running as Windows 2000. See if doing either of these changes anything and post back.

Also another thing to do is to make sure you have the latest version of DirectX installed, Latest Video and Sound Drivers, and you can actually install Visual C++ Redistributables for 2005 and 2008. Dyko this is not directed toward you but future problems with this just to see what happens.

Just try these items and report back for anyone getting this type of error. Shouldn't have to reformat upon this error.

Last edited:
Upvote 0