• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Good Tutorial for Weather Actors?

OK. Thanks again Axel and Shurek.

I Also need to remember to do NoRain volumes about all the interior spaces.

On the rain on metal -- good idea. Thanks. I am wondering how obnoxious the sound of rain is to players playing on rain maps. It all looks cool and sounds great during map testing, but during actual game play I am wondering if the constant drone of the rain beating down will prove to be too much of an annoyance to players. Along the same lines -- I wonder if the rain drops will be to distracting and hard on the eyes during game play.

Any opinions or thoughts regarding past rain maps and this sort of thing?

Also -- on a totally different note, but has anyone done an SU-85 mod for RO?

Upvote 0
no I don't believe anybody has done an SU-85 (well they haven't released it if they have) When adding the pat pat pattering sound to the tanks, just experiment with volumes of the sounds then get in the tank to make sure that you can hear them, but that they sound somewhat distant (it is outside the tank) Also don't worry about rain looking annoying, if you do it correctly it shall be beautiful no matter what.

Upvote 0
OK. Thanks again Axel and Shurek.

I Also need to remember to do NoRain volumes about all the interior spaces.

On the rain on metal -- good idea. Thanks. I am wondering how obnoxious the sound of rain is to players playing on rain maps. It all looks cool and sounds great during map testing, but during actual game play I am wondering if the constant drone of the rain beating down will prove to be too much of an annoyance to players. Along the same lines -- I wonder if the rain drops will be to distracting and hard on the eyes during game play.

Any opinions or thoughts regarding past rain maps and this sort of thing?

Also -- on a totally different note, but has anyone done an SU-85 mod for RO?
I say go for it. It will give the players a chance to test there skill.

Upvote 0