• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Videogames Remakes thread

I love delphine games

but I think they should remake Carmageddon 2 (and keep the old Iron Maiden soundtrack =))

Carmageddon was cool back in the days. I still remember the hard mission at the airplane map where you were supposed to collect stuff and ride over the pedestrians.

I'd like to see a remake of Hexen by Raven Software. In my opinion it's even more interesting than Doom or Duke Nukem 3D, because in Hexen there is alot of things to do and the game itself is very challenging. The eerie and dark atmosphere also scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. No cheesy music or toyish graphics ruining the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6I8hVaqmA0

Upvote 0
There is a fan project that redoes all the X-Wing Alliance models with more polys and better textures.

And there also is a standlone x-wing project for the Freespace 2 engine (which is open source now) iirc. Search on moddb.

Still, Tie-Fighter was the best out of the four.

I'd also love to see a new Syndicate, Magic Carpet, Dungeon Keeper (bullfrog ftw), Privateer, Strike Commander, Ultima Underworld... the list goes on. I miss single player games.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
rb6box.jpg

Amen!

Also, Battlezone rocked, there was a sequal but the AI sucked badly, even the original's AI was better. Just loved the combination of RTS and FPS, commanding your army and building your base from within your own hovertank.
battlezoneuk9.gif

battlezonedesfeerisgroomw6.jpg

Upvote 0
I'd also love to see a new Syndicate, Magic Carpet, Dungeon Keeper (bullfrog ftw), Privateer, Strike Commander, Ultima Underworld... the list goes on. I miss single player games.

If have been thinking about the name of a game ever since this topic was started, and now I see it, "Syndicate" loved that one.

Also Dune2 (but that's been redone a couple of times)
And Transport Tycoon, Sid's Locomotion was far from being as good as the original TT

Upvote 0

Talking about Bullfrog, i used to love Populous: The Beginning.
Man, that game was so much fun! Now why did they have to turn Bullfrog into Lionhead and making Black and White (such a fiasco).
So, add Populous: The Beginning to the list :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDocy0IH2Fk

Last edited:
Upvote 0
not true!!111 one one eleven

We speak the truth!

Come on guys, all these old titles and franchises are great because they are OLD franchises. They come from a completely different industry, that is what made them so special. If they were re-made all of their charm, individuality, and (nostalgia inspired) brilliance would be drowned in the horrid generic-john-everyman swamp.

Upvote 0
We speak the truth!

Come on guys, all these old titles and franchises are great because they are OLD franchises. They come from a completely different industry, that is what made them so special. If they were re-made all of their charm, individuality, and (nostalgia inspired) brilliance would be drowned in the horrid generic-john-everyman swamp.
And then we'd get to complain about how the original was so much better, and "How could they mess it up so bad?" :D
As for me, I'd like to see
commandhq.png

Upvote 0
Talking about Bullfrog, i used to love Populous: The Beginning.
Man, that game was so much fun! Now why did they have to turn Bullfrog into Lionhead and making Black and White (such a fiasco).
So, add Populous: The Beginning to the list :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDocy0IH2Fk
True, unfortunately. I recently bought B&W2 because it was cheap. What a **** game. You could've just taken Populous and add the pet creature, but somehow they managed to screw up the whole game, make it impossible to control and drain all the fun out of it. It only proves that Molyneux has great ideas... but he needs a great team to make a game out of it.

Upvote 0