• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour: Your favourite weapon and why?

The MG42 is teh shiz. It's as good as it was in the mod days... I think I'm in love. The BAR is nice too. The M1 Garand would be better if the sight picture wasn't so big (haven't they shot one of these before?) and if the report was louder. The sound for the report is pretty accurate, but as mentioned by others, its simply too quiet.

Upvote 0
there are only 2 gun sounds i like, besides the default sounds (mp40, kar98 etc) and those are MG42 and M1 carbine. Others are too similar between eachother and dont sound right, they sound like they are being fired in an underground closed room, instead of outdoor open enviroment. The BAR sound is just horrible, one of the worst ive ever heard in a game, so is thompson, grease gun etc

Yeh the thompson is just awful!

Upvote 0
For me its got to be the Enfield and Bren gun- brilliant weapons both. I love the way you can charge in as a paratrooper firing the bren from the hip. Lets me replay some scenes from the Commando comics i read when I was 12 :D And the enfield seems to have a faster bolt time which i just adore- been doing my damndest to get the mad minute..

I also have a real soft spot for the M1 Carbine- especially on carentan causeway ive had some great long range kills. It seems to have laser accuracy :)

Upvote 0
i love using the garand because of the ping and its accuracy, but otherwise the 30.cal is a great weapon also. its really usefull to lay down supprissive fire, more than the mg 42 who is better at simply eliminating a target. its sight is also a bit annoying as you need to spot enemies and them remember where they are and fire in that direction because aiming through the sight is nearly impossible. but that was the same with the real thing and many other allied weapons.

the animations and 1st person views have been redone and will be in next patch, i have not seen them but i was told it totally changes the experience.

Upvote 0