• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Day of Defeat - Discussion thread

I played the beta the other day and while it's definetly an improvement over have horrible pings (~100-120) on any server which totally ruin any fun in this game:(

Maybe you can't find a local server? There wasn't many beta servers up the last time I played, maybe only 3 or 4 with a ping under 50. If you live in a remote area I doubt you'll find servers pinging under 100.

Upvote 0
A new update:

The friendlyfire tag fix is partially done - won't go into effect until we update the engine, which will be sometime before the beta goes live.

dod
- achievements are now all stored locally as well for offline achievement dialog
- fixed view model lag being jittery
- fixed some viewmodels occasionally skipping their fire animations
- fixed quickswitch exploit
- fixed some overlays being too transparent
- fixed a case where an enemy player could be credited for an area capture
- playtime statistic now records time spent as class, not time alive as a particular class
- upload stats when we join spectator, change class and on changelevel
- fixed crash with ai_test_los console command
- adjusted global bloom scale
- new nemesis icon

Upvote 0
after 4.3 hours of playing the new beta, i finally know what really pisses me off about dod in general. i know i am at noob state again because i havent played the game in years and 4 hours really isnt that long, but some things still havent changed. the hitbox system seems to suck like always. my ping is usually pretty low, not higher than 50, but still some sniper kills me in what feels like seconds to me after i passed the corner. also, when facing an enemy, i manage to get off 4 shots with an SMG, crosshair on his chest, not more than 3 m away, but still that guy kills me with 100 hp left. there is no chance that all bullets missed him!
also thanks to the kill cam i can see that people who killed me sometimes have a big bloodstain on their face after i fired one shot from a garand at them. still they have 100 hp. client side hit registry? doesnt RO have this serverside? seems to **** me all day.
oh and karwhores. i never felt the urge to master the kar, because it seems so boring to me, but i you get raped by these guys all day and theres no chance to beat them except for becoming like them, where is the fun?
/end of rant

Upvote 0
new update:
- Many updates to official maps to improve lighting and fix exploits ( go FD! )
- fixed 4 grenade kill achievement being awarded with less than 4 kills
- adjusted grenade trail particle effect
- fixed achievement particle effect
- changes to smoke grenade particle effect to increase performance
- increased screen fade radius of smoke grenade
- snipers can no longer sprint while zooming their sniper rifle
- steam community avatar image now includes friend status

Upvote 0
As you can run RO I assume your CPU and Ram are good enough so it must be the graphics card that is your bottleneck in DoD. It's much more gfx card intensive than RO is.
Try lowering your DX mode from 9 to 7. There should be an option in the graphics settings. If it's greyed out you can also change it with a console command, but I can't recall it right now. I can look it up if you want me to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As you can run RO fine I assume your CPU and Ram are good enough so it must be the graphics card that is your bottleneck in DoD. It's much more gfx card intensive than RO is.
Try lowering your DX mode from 9 to 7. There should be an option in the graphics settings. If it's greyed out you can also change it with a console command, but I can't recall it right now. I can look it up if you want me to.

thanks for the tip, will do... ( I indeed have a crappy 7300)

Upvote 0