• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Fix] Motion Blur won't work

Fuhrer Cool

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 18, 2008
USA
Hi everyone! When I first got RO, everything worked fine, even though I only have a nVIDIA 128mb Ti 4200 AGP 8x video card, including the motion blur. However, ever since a few updates ago, when I have motion blur on and my motion "blurs", the entire screen turns into a giant rainbow. I can't look at anything, but I can still see my ammo count/compass etc. So now I just turn it off, but it would be really nice if I could have it on. Any suggestions? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

it might be possible that in some of the later patches they kinda changed the rendering methods for the blur making it take usage of proprietary DX9 hardware which your GF4Ti doesn't have being a DX9 compliant card but only having DX8 hardware. You can disable motion blur in the menu to make screens turn black.

You can try updating your drivers and directx version too. (don't only upgrade the drivers you need the upgraded dx versions too). But nvidia does not test on gf4 hardware anymore for patches and won't fix it either since its support life is over.

Upvote 0