• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Shocked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clanger

Apr 21, 2008
I've been playing games for a long, long time and RO since the very first release of the mod.

To cut a long story short I have just come from a russian server ( I wont name it ) where I accused one guy of using no recoil hack/script. To my total surprise his reply was " So F'ing what, we all use it because everybody else does and they have an advantage if we don't"!?

Is there something that can be done about this as with the 'cheat' in place the automatic weapons are ridiculously effective :(

Mutator

Mutator

Someone created a Mutator that was to find the most famous of hacks or scripts I think. Not sure how well it works or how well VAC works.

I've yet to see any weird going ons on our server (www.2Manny.com) with VAC and the Mutator added. The Mutator is on this forum and supposedly a better/newer version is in the works. Check the beta Mutator section here to read about it.

I love when people call hack or cheats on our server because I've yet to see any such thing in this game and I only ever use a bolt action... I'd love to have a hacker come by just to see if it helps them get any better... LOL.

Upvote 0
There is no need to use hacks when lagging works just as fine!:mad:
Personally I consider players who has a lag more than 100ms above the server ping just as lowly as those who use hacks.

Hint* People who rounds a corner with their smg blasting away before they would be able to spot you and who hits you the moment they round the corner are most certainly using radar, trigger bot and perhaps the no recoil hacks.

Upvote 0
Hint* People who rounds a corner with their smg blasting away before they would be able to spot you and who hits you the moment they round the corner are most certainly using radar, trigger bot and perhaps the no recoil hacks.

stop giving people ideas :rolleyes:
"before they would be able to spot you" is exactly the problem of all those cheat accusations, you have no clue at all what other see and what not. Not even talking about others might tell them you are standing behind that corner...

Upvote 0

Its not always that clear cut. For instance, its possible to see the other guys shadow peeking through the corner if he's standing too close to the wall.

Is it a hack? No, its a limitation in the engine. I'm not completely dismissing your point, but sometimes there are other reasons for suspicious behaviors

Upvote 0
Clanger, do you remember nick of that guy?

I do this quite often, and it's not because I have a radar or a wallhack, but because I see people run to that corner/my clanmate tells me a guys sits behind that corner. And with 71 bullet in my drum, I sure won't try to save my ammo, instead, I will waste it without regret. Also, I have really old PC and on particular maps at particular places it gives me ~20 fps. Recoil on smgs disappear those moments. There isn't anything I really can do about it, exept buying new PC. :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree with worluk.

You don't have to see the enemy to start shooting you know, there are sounds, teammates helping you and random "paranoiac" people who start shooting before they turn the corner. I'd say it's almost a standart practice in close quarters combat with automatic weapons.

I agree. Not to mention there are always those players who can't go 5 seconds without firing their weapon whether they see the enemy or not. Could be some of those players too....

Upvote 0
Best thing you as a player or server admin can do to help combat any cheats, especially private or payed for cheats, is to find them and report them to me, the moderators and the TWI staff (multiple reports to all of these people are best). Don't assume it has been reported before, and don't post it in public chat.

Upvote 0
Factors...

Factors...

There are so many factors that point to latency and even the engine for that matter. What one sees on screen can be totally different than what the other person sees.

I've been on my screen completely behind a wall and shot by an MG and was like how the hell and the person on the other team said he could see my arm etc. Other times you'll hip shoot people and on their screen you might not even have turned around enough to point your gun at him but on your screen you were fully turned around. This kind of thing happens all the time with the engine and has absolutely nothing to do with cheating and even latency can cause the same affects. Animations alone don't always represent what was going on so when I see weird stuff - I'll yell my typical BS comment but know that it was probably the game and not a cheat etc. now this just doesn't happen in this game it's just the nature of gaming period and online and so many other factors.

Now get hip shot a bunch of times by someone with a bolt as I've gotten real good at and listen to all of those crying cheat. Now when it comes to some of these guys that never miss with the semi-auto it's only because they can fire multiple times, if I can do it with a single shot easily enough just think how easy it is to hit with multiple shots.

Personally for all the years I've played this game and I mean back to day one of the mod, I personally have yet to see anything that I would equate to cheating, it's mostly graphics, latency and the engine in general.

Someone also brought up one great point - SOUND - I play probably 70% on sound alone. I can hear a pin drop in game and I know when someone is reloading, moving, you name it, I can honestly say if I were deaf I'd probably be horrible at the game, I also can see a single pixel move at 1000 meters and even though the screen is only 2 dimensional I have a good sense of peripheral vision by scanning the scene and looking for pixel movements that aren't normally there to pick them off, knowing what is going on around you helps considerably. I've seen people moving and thinking they were hiding but little do they know I've already seen them so now it's just a matter of sneaking up on them. It all comes down to what you see on your screen and everyone sees things differently - from graphics, resolution, latency, size of monitor and so on.

Sure there are cheats out there and I beg them all to come to our server because there is nothing I enjoy more than showing that even with the cheat it usually won't help and having the challenge to prove it is even that much more satisfying...

We did this same thing back in the BF series days and those poor saps that cheated could only say one thing and that was call us cheaters - why because they thought they were that much better than everyone and or invincible because they were cheating and realized that they just sucked that much more... LOL.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Personally for all the years I've played this game and I mean back to day one of the mod, I personally have yet to see anything that I would equate to cheating, it's mostly graphics, latency and the engine in general.

I agree to an extent but to pretend there are no cheats at all is extremely naive to say the least. ( I know you didn't say that, I'm just commenting )

I wonder why the guy freely admitted to doing exactly what he was accused of and even went so far as to try and justify his actions if he wasn't using anything he shouldn't be?

Upvote 0
I agree with worluk.

You don't have to see the enemy to start shooting you know, there are sounds, teammates helping you and random "paranoiac" people who start shooting before they turn the corner. I'd say it's almost a standart practice in close quarters combat with automatic weapons.

Paranoid players would chuck a grenade around the corner or in the room first as blasting away with their smgs would leave them low on ammo when they do turn the corner or enter the room.

Having seen the cheats I mentioned in action I can tell you that the cheats themselves causes the cheating player to shoot automatic and before they would physically be able to see their enemy under normal circumstances. When the gun is pointing in the general direction of an enemy and in combination with the radar hack which causes the player to see every player as a team specific colored wire mesh the gun will begin to shoot on its own when it points at an enemy even if that enemy are standing on the other side of a building where the cheating player under normal circumstances would have no chance of spotting or knowning where they were.
Thus players who comes around a corner blasting away with their smg, as I described in my earlier post, without a realistic chance of having prior knowledge of their enemies location are in my experiences using above cheats or hacks.
Sorry to be such a suspicious mind but I have experienced too many cheaters over the course of the game's lifetime that I now assume beforementioned players to be nothing but cheats until proven innocent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.