• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design [Preview] RO-Prussia Beta 1

Too bad there are no tanks apparently the presence of the Panthers and Tigers were strongly felt in Prussia by the Russians-:D
Anyways congrats on the good looking map and being the first custom CC map.
is it a cc map? doesn't seem like it.
tell us instead to who you have selled your soul to get the mortars? :D because there are no german mortar teams or artillery observers in this game as far as i know, not even with CC!

Upvote 0
Sichartshofen is waiting on the upcoming release of CC to add these new weapons but this isn't the first CC custom map actually. Maikop (made by Greenhell for the mod and now again for Ostfront :cool:) is the first completed custom map and there's a few others underway. This one looks really good though and I'm happy to see it available right off the bat.

When it comes to classes I always try to go for as much variety as possible (without hurting historical and gameplay limits of course). To offset the problem of 'everyone will have an MP28' I always put the most common weapon in the default weapon slot. Most players will just pick the class and go along their way, meaning the weapon in the 1st slot will be the most prevalent on the battlefield.

Can't wait to play it, now back to mapping for me. Must... not... delay... CC release... ugh. :rolleyes:

Oh, and CC does have artillery observers (spotters) SchutzeSepp. worluk has been working on a few additions to the system since this video as well. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kQpQ0LS9z4

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well, Maikop is not su much a "custom" map anymore as it will come with CC ;)

As for SchutzeSepps comment, i guess it was more aimed at _german_ artillery classes and spotters, but we will provide those classes too.

As for a CC map or not, well, the map has to run under the CCTeamGame if it wants to use the mortars as there have been several adjustments made to the playerclasses (see spotter<->artillery interactions).

Upvote 0
I love how people constantly complain that this weapon was a rarity. Yet that does not stop it from still being requested for foreign power that never produced this so-called "rare-arm".- Seems like double standards to me-lol but seriously the Stg-44 should be exclusively German/Axis Allies unless you manually capture some.
And I'm sure the Germans where tripping over all the captured ppshs and mp28s right?

Upvote 0
ATree said:
but seriously, imo this realism thing goes way to far, it's a game, not a war
Yes actually they captured factories of the stuff (even enough to modify it Mp-41(r) check out my sig) It wasnt jus the german who captured stuff even the Finnish captured a significant ammount of PPsh-41's and Svt's.
The Mp-28 was a german weapon that was around in good numbers (obviously not enough to rival the Mp-40) especially at the start of the war but even towards the end there was still a good number of them in use like I said usually with SS sometimes worth the FJ or Wehrmacht. If you vist the museum in Normandy they have alot of these " prewar smgs" displayed there as well as captured Russian weapons that were in use in Normandy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't know enough to argue about any specific numbers of weapons in any particular place, just saying that it would be nice to have something a bit different for the Russians. And to be fair, its not too outlandish to have captured stgs. The Russians where fond of the weapon when they used them, and they had been on the offensive since 43, capturing plenty of German men and equipment in the process.

Upvote 0
Later in (fall) 1943-Germans were still fighting back earlier in the Year.
Atree said:
outlandish to have captured stgs
Yes it would be. The Russians did used captured German equipment but the Germans were usually very good with destroying and moveing their weapon supplies (for example the destruction of weapons factories before the on comming Russians would appear is well documented). It was not until very late post Operation Bargration that the Russians really started getting significant ammount of German weapons due to the detiorating condistions of Germany but with only 425,977 STG43/44 produced most of them being in German use it would have been an insignificant ammount in Russian service (not to mention Its very probable most were taken to russia to study like other German arms). The ammuntion of the Stg44/43 would also cause issue since it is shorter than most comparable German ammuntion. Lets keep rare weapons rare if you want an STG take one from a dead guy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0