• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pavlovs house

Sander said:
Stupid question gives a stupid answer... The Stg/MP44 or the G43 (the name says it all) are weapons from after Stalingrad. The G41 and MP41 are very very very very rare weapons so you can better stick to the regular weapons.
Divinehammer said:
Can anyone confirm what weapons would have been available at the time. I have MP40 but what about MP41? I may give the germans a few more automatics but hasnt been decided yet.
I dont think the STG or any autoloader guns would have been there like the G43 or the SVT.Thanks.

The Svt-40 was relatively rare at this point of the war as well due to its production being canceled earlier in the war.
My weapon suggestions for Stalingrad 1942:

Germans:
-Mp-40
-Karabiner 98k- (Should be most comon weapon)
-Possible Ge-41 (for Squad leader only)
-Mg-34( Mg-42 was used in stalingrad but it just entered into the war Mg-34 was more common)

Russians:
-Moison nagant- (Should be the most common weapon)
- Nagant M-38
- Ppsh-41
-PPD-40 (rare maybe only Squad leader choice)
-Possible Svt-40 (SQ only)
-Dp-28
- Maxim Machine-Gun ( I wish- ;-))

* Mp-41 is really a police issue weapon shouldnt really surface in ww2 as a front line weapon except in rare circumstances. The Mp-41(R) (9mm converted ppsh-41) weapon on my sig however was very common ( often confused with the German Mp-41) as were as many prewar smgs such as the Mp-28, Mp-E, mp-34,ect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Svt-40 was relatively rare at this point of the war as well due to its production being canceled earlier in the war.
My weapon suggestions for Stalingrad 1942:

Germans:
-Mp-40
-Karabiner 98k- (Should be most comon weapon)
-Possible Ge-41 (for Squad leader only)
-Mg-34( Mg-42 was used in stalingrad but it just entered into the war Mg-34 was more common)

Russians:
-Moison nagant- (Should be the most common weapon)
- Nagant M-38
- Ppsh-41
-PPD-40 (rare maybe only Squad leader choice)
-Possible Svt-40 (SQ only)
-Dp-28
- Maxim Machine-Gun ( I wish- ;-))

* Mp-41 is really a police issue weapon shouldnt really surface in ww2 as a front line weapon except in rare circumstances. The Mp-41(R) (9mm converted ppsh-41) weapon on my sig however was very common ( often confused with the German Mp-41) as were as many prewar smgs such as the Mp-28, Mp-E, mp-34,ect.

Yeah, I'd also vouch for that setup too. I like how you wished for a Maxim Machine gun :D. RO needs more heavy machine guns for strong points like bunkers, buildings, etc. I know Mare Nostrum has done the Vickers but they are not quite the same. I wish I knew how to create models but I can't even draw with a mouse.... Other than being a history buff I am useless! :eek::( By the way TT33, I didn't even know there was a Mp-41(R) until I looked at your sig. :eek: Iv'e always liked the more obscure weapons of WWII (Mp-E, etc) but RO has most of the more common weapons down. :cool:

I admire the amount of research everyone has put into helping Divinehammer do this map. I'd like to pitch in to if I can since I have no modding ability... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
dasKaRmA said:
so, whats up with your mp41(r) ?
are you planning to out it ingame?
Well perhaps I just need a few animations for it to get in I have a few other models floating around as well (like the 35 clip Ppsh-41) but I lack the time finish them atm. I may just give it to the DH if they want the Mp-41(R) as many were used in the Western front as well.

A couple of PTRDs should be given also.
Yes, I forgot about those and the 45mm AT gun for inside the building.
Lets try not to over due grenades (I know about the greande accounts for Pavlov's house Im suggesting this for better game play) on here I like how MN has its grenades sorted I think that would be adaquate. I mean who wants a nade fest map: spawn; 100 (50 player server 2* the ammount of players) grenades go off one after the other Germans are all dead and the Russians are also dead spawn repeat.
Reich Ruin said:
Iv'e always liked the more obscure weapons of WWII (Mp-E, etc) but RO has most of the more common weapons down.
Alot more common at the start of WW2 but even later its not really too obscure there were not enough Mp-40's and 38's to go around they filled the holes with other smgs. The Mp-E was common until 1942 when It became a second line weapon. Other Prewar stuff survived as front line stuff until the end of the war especially in the hands of the SS and the FJ such as the Mp-34.

Trendkill said:
They designated it the MP717(r)
Yes this one was actually prefered Germans really liked their Mp-40's but what they hated about it was the small 32 round clip vs the Russian 71 clip. The Mp-41(R) had the same Mp-40 clip which ran out even more quickly due to the higher rpms so germans did not like it for this reason but its a fun little smg anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
After reading the proposed load outs for this map I am shocked and horrified to see that German Riflemen are not issued with grenades. How do you expect them to clear out this building without grenades? I am guessing you haven’t read many accounts of close combat from Stalingrad. If we really wanted to get technical I would also suggest giving the Germans one Strumpioniere slot instead of one of the standard automatic classes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well look at all the activity now that I am almost done. Below is the breakdown for my loadouts so far. the 91/30 and K98 will be the most common m-38 is available as well no semi-auto rifles are in yet I think there is enough firepower here already. Grenades are limited to non-rifle classes again this is for gameplay there will be plenty of nades laying around to pickup and that adds to the desperation. The StugB firing smoke rounds directly into the building is going to create havoc inside I think and the Russians will have to go to H2H which should be great. The AT gun spawns randomly in 3 locations. Additional locations may be added but you only get one AT gun. Thanks for the info I never did find any info saying there was a tunnel between zobs and Pavs so there is not one in my map. Actually there are no "Tunnels" at all.

map time is 26 mins.
Reinforcements are at a 3:2 ratio (Russians keep your heads down)
Class breakdown:
Russian:
Squad Leader:1
Sniper:1
MG: 3
SMG:4
PTRD:1
Riflemen
AT Gun: 1

German:
Squad Leader: 1
MG:2
SMG:5
Riflemen
Armor: STUG IIIB (limited respawn)

Upvote 0
Please explain how this improves gameplay for riflemen - are they now really supposed to bayonet charge/defend the building? Again, this also makes no sense historically.
I didnt say it improves gameplay for riflemen. There will be plenty of nades lying around.
Historically, people didnt come back to life and attack the same building twice. We cant have everything but this aspect is easily changeable.

Upvote 0
Don't take nades away from riflemen in anymap ever. It doesn't improve game play especially when you are trying to assault an objective with only a rifle... Sure you can 'pick up' nades lying around but it is still a poor decision.

guess its my poor decision to be made though. If I dont cut it down there will be more fratricide than actual kills due to missed windows.

Upvote 0
it's great that you are giving a sniper to the allies, germans will have to glide through the terrain and rubble like snakes to avoid the "sudden death"
and it's good that you don't give a sniper the germans, they need all the men they can get on the frontline, they already lose 2 soldiers with their tank. and on the other side the allies lose a few frontline soldiers with the AT gun, sniper and ptrd.
the loadout seems perfect

Upvote 0