• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gran Turismo:HD finally gets....

Don't be a hater and I like how he loves Gran Turismo so much. It rubs off on other people.

I was fukken disappointed seeing how none of you bastids was into Test Drive Unlimited...

I was into TDU, untill it started corrupting savegames and crashing, and Atari has made it painfully obvious that there will be no more patches.

The PC port of that game is among the worst ports ever made, ever, and its a bloody shame too, that game had so much potential! it was exactly the kind of racer i had been dreaming about for years now (obviously i continue to dream, as TDU is a bloody mess).

And yes i know about that one patch they made and the community fix of deleting that horrible log file every time you are done, but it only delays the inevitable, it just means the game wont start crashing untill you have come really far and worked your arse off to buy a ton of cool stuff, THEN it starts crashing again, and all your hard work is lost.

Ohh, and i guess i should say something about GT.. uhmm.. it looks pretty bad, graphics aside :p

Upvote 0
FOURTH UPDATE
This will be a short one, just few bits I found out or realised yesterday:
- London Track is now almost completly gone from all Events. Thus it was intresting track - and good technical track nonetheless - driving it in Events was pretty much bounce-crash-festival. So, moving it away from Events was a good move IMHO. Of course, all who love London are still able to race it in both Arcade or Time-Trial events, and I presume it will play important part in online events as well. Also woth noticing is that lighting-gamma for in-car view was changed - now you can actually see the track better and I find new gamma being much better off-settted than in JP game for cokpit view. London was respecfully replaced with HSR in all events, and I find whole experience now more intresting and demanding.
- HDR lighting works greater now. You'll notice that especially on High Speed Ring when entering / exiting the tunnel. For a brief moment the whole screen gets darker / brighter (I'm talking about the cockpit view though), therefore more realistic in mimicing the eye behaviour. Since there are so many tunnels in GT's Original Track rooster (Trial Mounitan, Deep Forest or Grand Valley for example), it will be a great experience one day. Not even to mention the sweet Monaco GP track, the jewel in the crown of all track-tunnels.
- Have bought a sweet Amuse GT1 Turbo yesterday and the baby has 7 gears. Just have to love that one. However, H-Shifters will be dissapointed since they'll have to shift the last gear manually
- Finger movement when shifting has been added, but unfortuantely I saw it only in F2007 replay (since I don't have the car myself). However, since it's just a small movement of the finger, maybe it's on all cars but just can't bee seen.
- All starts in events are rolling-starts.
That's it for this fourth update, have a nice Monday.

FIFTH UPDATE
This fifth update will cover just few bits, since I had no true time to drive drift nor earn enough money for F2007 To be honest, I got my copy of Everybody's Golf: Hot Shots today and that baby took some serious amount of time this afternoon. I have to say - that game is beautiful.

As far as GT5:p is concerned, it is obvious that some serious update for owners of JP game is on the way, and I'm also astonished by those new F2007 renders. Hope that download of new content will go faster than previous updates for JP game.
As for GT5:p I have only two cups to finish, but I guess I'll do them tomorrow, finishing the S venue as well and pretty much clearing the game. From there on, all my efforts will go in collecting all cars except F2007, because somehow I found myself stupid for few times now when driving same-and-same-events-over-and-over-again in effort to collect precious 2 million credits. Instead, I bought some other cars for that money, and right now I'm a proud owner of few tuned exoticas - while on new pictures below you can see respectful interior of my brand-new Elise 111R Tuned Car with sweet GT logo on the wheel.
That Tuned 111R is important because it's a car you'll actually need to beat 2 races in S class where PP points are limited at 630 (in Professional setting and no aids). I tried with other cars (Mine's R34 and Spoon S2000 GT1) but they didn't do justice. So, save your money for this little b'stard - you're going to love it. Also, I've purchased Clio V6 Tuned and that kid also rock big time. It damn fun to drive and makes me want private lobbies even more. In other words, there are plethora of cars here which should come in your garage prior to F2007. I know many will just head for it nonetheless, but there are more intresting things along the way. At least, I think so .
While reading majority of those 1000 replies at this thread (), one thing caught my eye. Some were asking about mentioning "tyre heating" in my previous updates, thus implying tyre wear actually being in GT5:p. Some are aware that tyre heating was already present in JP game, but I can't really confirm was there any further tyre-wear beyond fact that tires get better grip after 1st lap. Since I never did drive more than 20 laps on one track, I can't say does the tires ever get fully wore-out. That one remains to be answered, since there are no indicators of tyre temperature in tis build.
I'll conclude this update with few photos of QTS screens (especially for Scaff there), for all interested for that details (some data-lines are overlapping, but you'll get the picture). As I'm aware that more and more people are getting GT5:p early, I'll do some effort tomorrow in writing down some kind of Q&A that will cover all details I've come across while playing this build. I hope it'll do some help once that game goes on sale.

Upvote 0
I was into TDU, untill it started corrupting savegames and crashing, and Atari has made it painfully obvious that there will be no more patches.

The PC port of that game is among the worst ports ever made, ever, and its a bloody shame too, that game had so much potential! it was exactly the kind of racer i had been dreaming about for years now (obviously i continue to dream, as TDU is a bloody mess).

And yes i know about that one patch they made and the community fix of deleting that horrible log file every time you are done, but it only delays the inevitable, it just means the game wont start crashing untill you have come really far and worked your arse off to buy a ton of cool stuff, THEN it starts crashing again, and all your hard work is lost.

Ohh, and i guess i should say something about GT.. uhmm.. it looks pretty bad, graphics aside :p
Honestly TDU ran perfectly fine on my machine and it has been a total blast for the tonne of hours I played it. My only complaint would be the multiplayer aspect since I couldn't see more than one person that had a good connection (my router is the issue, it seems).

Are you fukken kidding me? these look jaw-dropping! :eek:

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
that's what I call detail! :eek:
6763.jpg

F40 fom front - click
http://i26.tinypic.com/bfkyeg.jpg
GT5_Prologue-PlayStation_3Screen-2.jpg

GT5_Prologue-PlayStation_3Screen-3.jpg

Upvote 0
This is the 2nd half of the interview which was shown on "GamerTV Extra". There are several videos floating aroud but they don't show the 2nd half. This video is a must see as it contains new footage of the F1-2007 car racing against 'normal' cars!

damage coming soon!

ahhhhh nice narrator :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wqm_wx7tgw&fmt=18 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wqm_wx7tgw&eurl

BTW you can download GT5:p specII online from the PSN, instead of buying the blue ray version. But you won't get the videos and extras. The Blue ray version has been sold out in many places already!

GT5 in 2009 they say

Upvote 0