• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sniper Rifle Help

zaNe

Grizzled Veteran
May 5, 2006
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hey there guys, been getting back into this game and I couldn't remember if you could "Zoom In" more or less with the sniper scope. I know, by using your Iron Sight key, you can toggle the scope, to look through it, but is there a way to up the magnification? I've been practicing on Sniper servers when theres no regular maps to play, and I'm not used to shooting targets that are far away, I know practicing makes perfect, etc.

Anyway... is there a way to up the magnification? If so, how? :D Thanks

I asked the question, he made an unneeded answer, I'm sorry if I sounded rude, I just don't see the need in that, I asked something, it got answered even before his post, and he has to throw his input in for the sake of it, yet is has 0% relevance to what I asked, so I get a little annoyed, usually I like to see threads kept on topic. Sorry if I was abrupt.

Upvote 0
Well, D3terioNation just explained to you WHY there is no such function. If you look something up in a good dictionary there is more crap about a topic than you asked for too and since we aren't mind-readers we might as well supply you with a little extra bit of info.

Coming up with stuff that is somewhat although not 100% relevant but only, say, 90% and not ultra short but a normal sentence is a basic action in communication. You better get used to it and don't freak out as soon as somebody sais something to you...:rolleyes:

btw. Mikhail's post was even less on topic but you didn't go after him... Was it the word "magical" that DN used that put you off?

Upvote 0
Was it the word "magical" that DN used that put you off?

The addition of the "magical zoom" comment was kind of condecending and unnessecary. There are plenty of rifle scopes out there which can quickly change magnification. Nothing "magical" about it. And it's not like it's new technology, just not standard WWII military issue.

The guy had a legitimate question as a returning player.

Also: LOLZ AT DR@MA!!!one

Upvote 0
That's the way I felt LogisticEarth, but I haven't responded lately because I don't want to start something unnecessary. I wasn't "exploding" on the guy, it was a slick comment that would set anyone off, like I said I'm back in the "noob" stages when it comes to what you can do in this game compared to others, like I just remembered yesterday you could change the distance on your tank, by using your lean keys. Something I forgot. Like the Sniper scope thing.

I didn't explode on the guy, I responded with a couple "rude" words, how do you guys know I was angry? It's a forum, do you guys know that I was yelling? Because I sure didn't know I was yelling, I simply got a bit annoyed, and responded with a little rasp. Something everyone has done here one time or another.

Let's just drop it now please. The question has been answered, and we're off the topic now. Thanks for everyones input.

Upvote 0
Most of you never played the MOD. Zane I know what your saying and understand you. In the mod you could toggle zoom. It was I think 2 settings. Now with my real mosin 91/30 I have a PE scope with PE mount. I am able to Zoom with that. But then again its a real weapon and not the game.

Anyone can pick up a sniper rifle and shoot, only a real marksman will hit same distance with iron sights:D

Upvote 0
I thought in the original release of RO their were 3 different sniper scope views that you could change by hitting "f12" or something, right?

I no longer think you are able to change the sniper scope view after a major patch a long time ago.

So many sniper haters...it's my weapon of choice and if I aint in that role...I will pick me 1 up from preferably the enemy sniper that I just skewered in the backside.

Upvote 0