• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server UCL file missing?

Echoman

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 16, 2008
I downloaded some maps from http://www.red.orchestra.pl/. I loaded them on my server and redirect just as normal, I did nothing different, as a matter of fact the other two maps I loaded work fine and show up in my maplist. But these two maps do not show up in my map list RO-[PzDF]-Arad-Sommer1944-Beta2 and RO-[PzDF]-Arad-WaffenSS-SS-Beta2. I did notice that the system folder on the server has the same map names as in my map folder but has a .UCL extension except these two maps. Is that the problem? How do I get the .UCL file? Was it left out of the file from the site I loaded it from?

Last edited:
ucl files get generated automatically for maps, if ucl files dont get generating your missing other files that the maps need or the map is corrupted.

I think this is strange. I went to the [PzDF] server and loaded and played the maps thinking that i would get al the files neccessary. Then I went to my cache and renamed them and compressed them and did the FTP thing and they still do not generate a UCL file for the maps. the two maps are
RO-[PzDF]-Arad-Sommer1944-Beta2 and Waffen-SS-beta2. Why would it not work for me if I DL'd it from the source?

Upvote 0
Do any of those maps require that ServerPackages be set in your redorchestra.ini file?

Example:
Code:
[Engine.GameEngine]
ServerPackages=R_Late1GreatcoatMod
ServerPackages=R_Late2GreatcoatMod
ServerPackages=R_Late3GreatcoatMod
ServerPackages=R_Late4GreatcoatMod
ServerPackages=R_Late5GreatcoatMod
ServerPackages=R_Late1StandardMod

Not that I know of. I have no clue about what server packages do or are. I just DL'd the file on the site. Are the server packages you listed what you think I need? If I added them to my .ini anyway would it hurt anything? I am curious as to why the UCL file does not self generate like it should. Appears to be with these [PzDF] maps.

Upvote 0
No. Don't add them if you don't need them. :rolleyes:

I spent the better part of an hour looking for those maps. I can't find them available for public download anywhere. Even the PzDF website doesn't have them up. I saw a post somewhere here that they were hoping to have some of their maps available for public release in January. Perhaps they chose otherwise? Chances are you don't have all the files or don't have the proper statements in your .ini file. My suggestion would be to ask at the PzDF forums if there is no thread concerning those maps here.

Be sure to always read any "read me" files that an author puts in his file pack and follow the instructions to the letter. It save a lot of people a lot of time.

Upvote 0
No. Don't add them if you don't need them. :rolleyes:

I spent the better part of an hour looking for those maps. I can't find them available for public download anywhere. Even the PzDF website doesn't have them up. I saw a post somewhere here that they were hoping to have some of their maps available for public release in January. Perhaps they chose otherwise? Chances are you don't have all the files or don't have the proper statements in your .ini file. My suggestion would be to ask at the PzDF forums if there is no thread concerning those maps here.

Be sure to always read any "read me" files that an author puts in his file pack and follow the instructions to the letter. It save a lot of people a lot of time.

Here is the site I downloaded them from http://www.red.orchestra.pl/plug.php?e=maps
I also did not see any "read me" file for them.

Upvote 0
I looked that site over and didn't find them...until now :eek:

Did you down load the 7z file and add the sounds file and the .u file found in the system folder? I see that the arad-waffen file only has a map. I know B-man was having trouble getting the right Arad map to play when people voted. I don't know what he did to fix it. Might be a mapper's fubar. My only suggestion woud be to ry removing custom Arad maps one at a time and see if these show up.

Upvote 0
I looked that site over and didn't find them...until now :eek:

Did you down load the 7z file and add the sounds file and the .u file found in the system folder? I see that the arad-waffen file only has a map. I know B-man was having trouble getting the right Arad map to play when people voted. I don't know what he did to fix it. Might be a mapper's fubar. My only suggestion woud be to ry removing custom Arad maps one at a time and see if these show up.

Yes I loaded the 7z files and all other required files. I don't understand it at all. I see the 50pc site plays the arad 1942 beta2, I can't get that to work. Why would these maps not auto generate the UCL file? Any chance the mapper made this map so that you can not use it without their permission? Maybe you have to ask them for permission and they tell you what needs to be added into the .ini?

Upvote 0
Echo,

This sort of also the reason you had that FTP thread going. The Pzf Arad map you are trying to load is missing a system file. I have that problem, trying to delete a file and it says "being used by another user, or whatever. Its because your missing a file, probably a system file. Which one, I dont know. How do I know? Because I tried using the same link you posted above a long time ago.

How did I get it to work?

1. A fresh, unadultered copy of Red Orchestra. That means no loading of any additional files to your copy of Red Orchestra folders. NONE.

2. Clear cache folder.

3. Join the Pzf server and download the files. Copy, rename, and upload appropriately.

Your missing something though cause thats what happened to me when I first tried it. I think the link for the download is missing a file. Im on the road for work right now, otherwise I would send you all the files for that map. Remember, dont add stuff to your copy of Red Orchestra, other than that one file to make your uz2 compressor work, because you need to make sure your server is pushing out the files needed for a brand new user. That will ensure that they, or even you, get all the files needed. Then you can put them on your server.

Upvote 0