• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

Hi people, just got arma a few days ago, and found the sp to be... disapointing, to say the least of it.

As cooop seems to be the way to go, and I don't really have the time for a full blow clan, I was wondering if I could join you guys once in a while.

BTW: I absolutley suck at it, so feel free to kick me ot :p

Your welcome to join mate, no obligations whatsoever. We purely play for fun. Join the co-op social group here on the forums and on steam for more info :)
For the steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RO-ArmA

Btw, Masta. I have QG.

Upvote 0
Yeah the support thing was a buy argument for me too and of course you get the latest patch so you save 700mb HD space. But Queen's Gambit is ok not the REd Hammer kind of addOn but ok.

And Pharnakes on the last coop seesion we literally ran into an enemy convoy we had no chance because they had a BRDM only SiC survived :(

Upvote 0
In OPF definately. You are playing a third person game from a perspective where the camera is at the eyes of the model.

ArmA felt like that too when I played the demo so I guess it's the same, but others should answer that.
It is, but the animations leave a lot to be desired.

Like there's only one bog standard rifle reload animation and such. Which really annoys me, like if you free look downwards with your head and fire you can see they animated the finger pulling the trigger. So they go into detail totally superfluously there yet they couldn't make custom reload animations for different guns, or even different hand positions for holding them (eg. when you hold an MP5 your left hand is at the muzzle...)

REALLY half arsed...

Upvote 0
They won't. To be honest, ofp and arma never had visuals going in their favor, apart from the large viewdistances. Well ArmA has some nice models too I guess, but the animations have always been robotic. At least that's in BIS' games, we'll have to wait and see if codemasters(or rather whoever the devs are) can deliver better anims. For ArmA, we'll have to wait till the community starts releasing some good mods with custom anims.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They won't. To be honest, ofp and arma never had visuals going in their favor, apart from the large viewdistances. Well ArmA has some nice models too I guess, but the animations have always been robotic. At least that's in BIS' games, we'll have to wait and see if codemasters(or rather whoever the devs are) can deliver better anims. For ArmA, we'll have to wait till the community starts releasing some good mods with custom anims.

First let them get the gameplay straight, then we can talk animations :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Some sound, such as shouting during a firefight, needs to be improved aswell. Playing some CoD4 and then playing ArmA it didn't seem right that all my team mates were saying were things like "OH NO...6...Is down" and "2 go to...tree...10 o'clock'. Makes a huge difference from the shoutyness of CoD4 and other games.

On the other hand though, some parts of the sound are amazing. I was playing a custom mission, and crawling through the long grass, the way it sounded as I moved through it and the background noise of the insects, and the really quite realistic graphics, took me back to playing Armies as a kid. First time I've felt that feeling of nostalgia/immersion from a game, TBH.

Upvote 0