• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Quick question!

Towne

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 6, 2008
Texas
I am undecided about purchasing this game. I am wondering, what is the the average amount a of people that still play. What little I read, the games sounds good, but I dont want to purchase it and find out only about 20 servers, with about 15 players at one time on. If there are bots for the game, most of the servers are full of them but no actual players. Thank you for your time.
God bless
Tim

I am undecided about purchasing this game. I am wondering, what is the the average amount a of people that still play. What little I read, the games sounds good, but I dont want to purchase it and find out only about 20 servers, with about 15 players at one time on. If there are bots for the game, most of the servers are full of them but no actual players. Thank you for your time.
God bless
Tim

i just bought this game 2 days ago and its the best purchase i've made in a long long time. buy it! put a small amount of effort in and you'll get one of the best fps experiences ever!

i cant believe i was in the same situation as you 2 days ago i cringe to think what i would have missed had i passed up on this game. buy it, involve yourself in it, and love it!!!

Upvote 0
Thank you all for your insight on the game :). I played many WW2 USA vs Germany games, I want to try something different. I have played, cod, moh, dod, tryed ww2online, etc.... lol. I even tryed stragey games like Sudden Strike. This is a first where I see a Russian vs German game. It does look very good! Are there any good video clips of the game play? Oh an off topic question does, anyone play the IL2 series of games?
Tim

Upvote 0
God bless
Tim
I just cam from playing a On-line multiplayer Flight simulation game which supports 3-4 400 player rooms and 1-850 player room on Tuesday.I played that game from 2/2001 until 10/2007 and thought it was one of the best on-line action games out there, heck i even payed the guy that made the game 15$ a month for server access.Then i found this game.This is the best tank Battle i have found yet.

Upvote 0
Thank you all for your insight on the game :). I played many WW2 USA vs Germany games, I want to try something different. I have played, cod, moh, dod, tryed ww2online, etc.... lol. I even tryed stragey games like Sudden Strike. This is a first where I see a Russian vs German game. It does look very good! Are there any good video clips of the game play? Oh an off topic question does, anyone play the IL2 series of games?
Tim

Shameless self-promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRSEH8OY094

Upvote 0
I have :) I seen some already, but I have the game already hehe! Do you or any one know where I can go on the forums to find a thread that will give me some how-to use for the rifles. I cant seem to it anything, but they can hit me. Only time I can hit something is when some one is right in front of me lol. I do try and lead shot and adjust for distance but nothing. For example today, I was shooting at someone about 100 yards away but I couldnt hit him, he was prone, but he hit me no problem, and he was prone. I fired about 2 or 3 clips at him, adjusting my aim and nothing, he takes one shot and gets me lol.

Upvote 0
God bless
Tim

There will always be minimum 20 active servers with a good amount of people at all times because this is a fantastic game.

Steep Learning curve but this is a quality product that offers refreshing gameplay.

RO is unique and for that reason should remain active for the next 2 years.

Upvote 0
I have :) I seen some already, but I have the game already hehe! Do you or any one know where I can go on the forums to find a thread that will give me some how-to use for the rifles. I cant seem to it anything, but they can hit me. Only time I can hit something is when some one is right in front of me lol. I do try and lead shot and adjust for distance but nothing. For example today, I was shooting at someone about 100 yards away but I couldnt hit him, he was prone, but he hit me no problem, and he was prone. I fired about 2 or 3 clips at him, adjusting my aim and nothing, he takes one shot and gets me lol.
Oh hey I see you've noticed what happened a couple patches ago.

welcome to ro, where everything is dismissed by saying RO 2 OMG!!!111!1!

Upvote 0
For people that don't fear getting a really hard time in the beginning, icm is recruiting ;).

If its about rifles i can teach a lot of the basics, were open for any skill level, but you must know yourself if you want to play because it will be hard in the beginning to play against teams that are build upon the cream of the crop ^^. So towne and tetsu feel free to tryout.

IcM is a European clan where we play matches at 8pm gmt or 9pm cet, and eventually once we get enough will try to play everyday. There is no clanleader involved just a bunch of people that like to play with each other, and improve themselves :)

if interested post in here in the forums under the recruitment thread:

www.icm-clan.com

Upvote 0
Tim

Yeah the fact that it's an eastern front setting is for me one of the best things about it - your right, it's under-represented despite being the 'real' landbased WW2, at least in terms of scale, bitterness and heroism.
People talk a lot of the upcoming mods which will be a good addition but there are still plenty of famous battles of the eastern front that are yet to be mapped-and hopefully will.

There are plenty of games running (and will be for some time) as people say, only critisism is that phaps a few servers don't take advantage of the fine selection of maps available, and tend to run maps that a few of the old school are a bit tired of now.
However that shouldn't bother you for quite a while, and hopefully this will get rectified to some extent as well.

regards IL2, it's one of the list of games that RO regulars tend to be attracted too, along with Hidden and Dangerous, vietcong, R6 series and Arma/operation flashpoint: as well as 1st person 'light' RPGs like stalker, deus ex/thief/systemshock and so on.
So if you like these kind of games with realism, attention to detail or imaginative RPG elements you will be in good company here.

Upvote 0