• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad !!! Let's Play It Like It Should Be Played !!!

Nonsense, the tightest clan matches I have ever been were in the 181st TB with 16 on 16 battles. Thats not to say that 6 on 6 or more matches loose any sort of game play or excitement. You can fight well with any numbers with the proper organization and practice.

Low skill battles can certainly accommodate that many people. Just look at Iron Crescendo.

Upvote 0
I am assuming the OP was referring to the rather larger combined arms maps when suggesting larger numbers. And to answer your question, Zetsumi, no 181TB never fought any of those clans. We fought primarily realism units (us being a realism unit ourselves it sorta mad sense :p). I have fought in clan matches with ROLadder rules since and before my time in the 181TB and while smaller clan matches have their thrill and advantages I still prefer large scale 16 on 16 battles realism fights. From my experiences, when you get two aggressive and well prepared clans in a realism match with large numbers, you'll end up with a firefight out of a BoB episode :D. (of course, most of the time realism matches can be a complete snore fest as well). I'm not saying anyone one style is superior to another since its all in the eye of the beholder as far as I'm concerned.

Upvote 0