• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad !!! Let's Play It Like It Should Be Played !!!

15 to 25 players per side.
Train to work effectively and precisely in squads of various sizes.
Practise attacking a house or a trench, moving fast through them nading rooms and trench bends, before advancing.
Learn to move in effective formations around the battlefield - on foot and in tanks.
And so on, and so on...

Develope an effective command structure and language to allow precise coordination of squads.

The playing style will become efficient and realistic:
wait,
explode into action,
wait and defend the ground you just took, while the leader plans the next move,
explode into action again and so forth...

The leader has the challenge of being able to understand what's happening on the battlefield as a whole, and to be able to give precise, well defined tasks to the squads.
The troops, of course, need a mind that's disciplined enough to patiently wait for the next move.

STARTING IT IS SIMPLE

We'll begin by meeting on one of the dozens of empty public servers,
have a practise session for, say, half an hour and
go on a populated server to kick *ss by using what we just learned.

We can go ahead in small steps:
You only need 2 players to practise pretty much anything! When you have more people in a squad, just modify the procedures a bit.
When there are like 20 people participating, we might start a server of our own, form a clan of some sort and start challenging existing clans. (Provided any of them is up to the challenge...)

And btw, all you clanners only playing itsy bitsy tiny infantry maps with 6 to 10 people in one team, SHAME ON YOU! That's like a slap on the game and map designers' faces, who developed a game, where you can play huge maps, 25 players in one team.
(If there's ANY clan that employs practices anything like what I'm calling for, please, please let me know.)

And if there's anybody out there on the dmn world wide internet, who has enough of brain activity to understand what I'm talking about and enough of self discipline to enjoy fast, dynamic and deadly real-world-like operation, answer now!

Yoza

Last edited:
sounds like you would fit in a realism unit

http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13486

especially the axis sided units try to do it the way you want to implent

Yes. I tried to browse them early on, but I kinda feel, that if you get THAT realistic, then the realism is this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

Claiming that you're an apolitical group doesn't quite cut it.
Plus they seem rather rigid, bureaucratic organizations. (Just LIKE the military, eh? :D)

Basically, I just want fast, dynamic, WELL coordinated ACTION.
WITHOUT any extra bureaucracy.
Just something, that wouldn't booore me to death...

Pub servers aren't much fun anymore, since I nowadays get at the top of the score board without any big effort.
The big tanks maps are the only ones, where you can find something entertaining and people that are at least trying to work together, but them f******* hardly play anything else than Debrecen and Orel... :(

*sigh* Maybe I should just go back to DoD. There you can at least run from flag to flag like a squirrel... ;)

Upvote 0
best bet for you is iron crescendo.

http://forums.ironcrescendo.net/index.php

Clan generically are made for 8v8 combat because on all stock maps thats the most efficient number to play them on. With more people tactics etc don't work anymore and its just a run and gun festival like on the public servers.

Realism units although they often use more realistic tactics (that most of the time don't work better than the tactics of normal clans) still don't play with really high numbers.

Although some guys including me try to get 2clan vs 2clan combat for bigger maps like tractorworks, leningrad and berezina.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
best bet for you is iron crescendo.

Realism units although they often use more realistic tactics still don't play with really high numbers.

Yeah, that's kinda what was afraid of.
Also, I'd like to concentrate more on ACTION than historical reenactment.

Still, anybody out there interested?

Meanwhile, I'll check out IC, thx Zetsu! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes. I tried to browse them early on, but I kinda feel, that if you get THAT realistic, then the realism is this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

Claiming that you're an apolitical group doesn't quite cut it.
Plus they seem rather rigid, bureaucratic organizations. (Just LIKE the military, eh? :D)

Basically, I just want fast, dynamic, WELL coordinated ACTION.
WITHOUT any extra bureaucracy.
Just something, that wouldn't booore me to death...

Pub servers aren't much fun anymore, since I nowadays get at the top of the score board without any big effort.
The big tanks maps are the only ones, where you can find something entertaining and people that are at least trying to work together, but them f******* hardly play anything else than Debrecen and Orel... :(

*sigh* Maybe I should just go back to DoD. There you can at least run from flag to flag like a squirrel... ;)

Oh good, good, good! Thanks moderators!
I thought this got censored alltogether, but i guess you just needed time to check the Wiki-link.

LOL I was already developing all kinds of conspiracy theories on how the realism units have such close connections to Tripwire, that you can't say a single word to criticise them. :eek::D
Actually, in hindsight my post could probably be interpreted a bit political...

So it's probably best I clarify myself a bit:
I admire the strive for accuracy and getting the deatils right, that the realism units show: trying to reach perfection is never a bad thing.
TO MY TASTE, some of the units' homepages just seemed to unnecessarily concentrate on, even glorify, things that would probably best be handled with somewhat less enthusiasm.

That scared me away initially, but since TodSky is so adamant about his case, I'll take a closer look.

Upvote 0
About The Realism Clans

About The Realism Clans

Yeah...

Too much flag waving and march songs to my taste.
You're essentially doing the same thing as America's Army (the game), where you have to stomach the word 'honor' every second sentence.

You see, for populous nations it's flags and parades and heroicly fighting the enemy, but for the small ones merely a question of whether you will still exist tomorrow as a nation and as a people.

And if I could look past that I know I'd be bored shooting a rifle year after year.

For realism, heres a quote from Finland's most prolific war novelist Reino Lehv

Upvote 0
You should there is allot more to realism units than the stereo typical picture painted by most clans or close minded MOP’s. I am sure those that have been in the army will say that it is in no way comparable to any realism unit. As for bureaucracy there is really little to get bureaucratic about, at the end of the day it’s all about having fun that is the whole point of a unit to have fun with like minded people.

Regards

Ernst Hoffmann
72.Infanterie-Division

Upvote 0
LOOOOL
Geez! You just won't give up, will you!
Nice to see people, who stand their ground, with new arguments every time.

Ok. I guess you're twisting my arm hard enough...
I'll check my Crossfire is working ok, come up with a German name and...
Hmmm... What's with the real name? I hope you have a good reason for requesting it?

Btw your pages seemed decent (spartan) enough.

Upvote 0
15 to 25 players per side.
Train to work effectively and precisely in squads of various sizes.
Practise attacking a house or a trench, moving fast through them nading rooms and trench bends, before advancing.
Learn to move in effective formations around the battlefield - on foot and in tanks.
And so on, and so on...

Develope an effective command structure and language to allow precise coordination of squads.

The playing style will become efficient and realistic:
wait,
explode into action,
wait and defend the ground you just took, while the leader plans the next move,
explode into action again and so forth...

The leader has the challenge of being able to understand what's happening on the battlefield as a whole, and to be able to give precise, well defined tasks to the squads.
The troops, of course, need a mind that's disciplined enough to patiently wait for the next move.

STARTING IT IS SIMPLE

We'll begin by meeting on one of the dozens of empty public servers,
have a practise session for, say, half an hour and
go on a populated server to kick *ss by using what we just learned.

We can go ahead in small steps:
You only need 2 players to practise pretty much anything! When you have more people in a squad, just modify the procedures a bit.
When there are like 20 people participating, we might start a server of our own, form a clan of some sort and start challenging existing clans. (Provided any of them is up to the challenge...)

And btw, all you clanners only playing itsy bitsy tiny infantry maps with 6 to 10 people in one team, SHAME ON YOU! That's like a slap on the game and map designers' faces, who developed a game, where you can play huge maps, 25 players in one team.
(If there's ANY clan that employs practices anything like what I'm calling for, please, please let me know.)

And if there's anybody out there on the dmn world wide internet, who has enough of brain activity to understand what I'm talking about and enough of self discipline to enjoy fast, dynamic and deadly real-world-like operation, answer now!

Yoza

I lol'd at your ignorance.

You have no clue how skilled clanners can utilize an entire map. 9v9 is far too much for many maps.

You talk about strategic house and trench clearing? **** that. PPsh run, right up the middle. Nades on corners. 4-5 kills in 5 seconds. That's how you clear a house, not "oh lets clip around every corner and see what happens."

When you create your unit, let me know, I'd love to destroy you and your tactics in one go.

Upvote 0
Nonsense, the tightest clan matches I have ever been were in the 181st TB with 16 on 16 battles. Thats not to say that 6 on 6 or more matches loose any sort of game play or excitement. You can fight well with any numbers with the proper organization and practice.

Did you ever play PT, Insomnia, Core, CoreNA, Suomi etc with the 181st TB? And did you give your judgment for realism matches aka altered map properties or stock map properties?

And i'm talking about normal RO btw, if you play without respawns or highly limited respawns i can then see an advantage in having more numbers. But if you respawn from my experience. Of Ro matches since the first day of ROLadder in the mod to now, having played probably a few hundred matches ranging from 1v1 to 25v25 in the most extreme cases. I do share the idea that most RO maps play best with 8 to 9 players per team. This is primarily for the smaller infantry maps the optimal number will definately be different on maps like leningrad and rakowice.

Upvote 0