• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Noobie Looking for a teamwork server

Hi I was browsing the servers and I was a spectator on some of them Man was I :mad: not a one had any type of teamwork :confused:and they advertise this game as teamwork, and reading the forums It sounds like there out there or maybe these are old threads. but if someone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated

teamwork

teamwork

Unfortuantely there is very little teamwork on public servers other than clans.
It's annoying as so many rounds are lost due to people just doing their own thing.
I have played in a couple of clans and the teamwork makes a big difference especially with a mic and ventrilo.
Not many people, or clans, tend to use the VOIP built into the game though they use ventrilo or teamspeak.

I often log onto a server and type 'anyone want to work as a team?'
Very rarely anyone even answers it though.
I would say the only way to get teamwork is in a clan.

Andy

Upvote 0
But most clan want "skilled" players not a noob and alot of clans nowadays ( not really saying RO but clans in general) use immature language :( IE I pwn every one or I owned him who cares if u killed someone you might just be having a good night or maybe your victim(s) might be having a bad night! or they are new like myself.

I guess I might be wrong in this line of thinking, But sheesh why do people have to gloat or brag? I feel they do it to boast their self-esteem

Upvote 0
Most clans in ro don't use immature language at least not seriously, they do sometimes use it for a laugh especially when they kill someone they know well.
Most RO clanners are quite a bit above 18 and are a bit more mature with that ;)

There are lots of clans that will just accept any player as long as he's active. As long as you are available to play lots of matches then you'll get strong fast enough anyway. If you play among the best you'll become one of the best ^^

for public play try finding a server with lots of clanners on from thesame clans, clanners can work good together so if you get nearly a full squad of a clan on one side you can often get good teamplay.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But most clan want "skilled" players not a noob and alot of clans nowadays ( not really saying RO but clans in general) use immature language :( IE I pwn every one or I owned him who cares if u killed someone you might just be having a good night or maybe your victim(s) might be having a bad night! or they are new like myself.

I guess I might be wrong in this line of thinking, But sheesh why do people have to gloat or brag? I feel they do it to boast their self-esteem
hello :)well there will be team work in this mod DH you can join the forum this game was very good for team work :D but now many players are waiting for this mod DH, so dont worry ok :p please join the forum if your a noob we can always wrap you in cotton wool http://forums.darkesthourgame.com/index.php?sid=387d7282502843b856fceb92e7a8bbb0

Upvote 0
I don't know what servers you have spectated. It could of course just be linked to the time of day you observed and your location. If you join a North American server around 3pm est (or anytime during normal working hours), you can pretty well expect to find that school age kids make up the vast majority of players. (I'm generalizing, I know, and enough had been said about the average maturity level of the American <20 year old.) Play in the evenings 10pm -1am est and these guys are pretty well tucked into bed and their parents or older siblings are playing.

Many of the European servers that I have been on offer teamwork, but if you don't speak the language it can be problem. Not that they won't reply to you in English, but you have to respect the fact that they will be conversing amongst themselves in their native tongue. If you don't speak the language, you may miss out on some of the strategy. Sadly, one of the problems with keeping NA servers full is that very few Americans speak any language other than their own.

There are several NA servers that some of the "elderly" frequent with regularity. There is almost always teamwork involved and mature noobs that ask intelligent questions are welcomed and coddled with open arms.

Having said the above, and in concert with what zetsumei says, most RO players have a little more respect for each other than might be found in other games. On a lot of servers, a message of "I pwned u" is generally met with a onslaught of disdain and the person saying it ends up getting "pwnd" and leaving from the sheer embarassment of having opened their squeaky little mouth.

In answer to your question...
I can't speak for the daylight hours, but in the evenings, the =OF= Old Farts server and the ro50pc server always seem to have a lot of teamwork going on.

Floyd

Upvote 0
Jump onto an Australian server, of course the ping will be 250-300 but still playable, you will find that with the games are more intense then others and the teamwork is spot on. Being only 3 major clans in Australia and usually going on opposing sides in pub matches, they interact with the pub community. It doesn't really mater if you lose or win in our matches as their is a sense of enjoyment, either being rolled in the first few minutes or desperately fighting for every square inch.

What can also be seen as a good thing is the vast majority of specialized classes which I would call the sniper and Squad leader are taken by experienced clanners. Some may find this greedy or what not, but it does in fact increase the overall satisfaction of the match as you don't have some knob raining arty on your head or a sniper prating about but people who keep the battle moving always.

Upvote 0
Zetsumei
you said it right
Most RO clanners are quite a bit above 18 and are a bit more mature with that ;)

There are lots of clans that will just accept any player as long as he's active. As long as you are available to play lots of matches then you'll get strong fast enough anyway. If you play among the best you'll become one of the best ^^

for public play try finding a server with lots of clanners on from thesame clans, clanners can work good together so if you get nearly a full squad of a clan on one side you can often get good teamplay.

I agree whole hardedly, if team work is what you want then a clan is a place to be. A buddy of mine and I Started our own clan way back early 2007, and we have 10 active members, and everyone Teamplays.

When we started the clan that is what we had in mind,
now we have 4 Teams that have specific roles, every member has a specific role they play in the clan so they are placed where they will be best.
We Have a clan leader that oversees all tactical operations who by the way has previous military background and experience, but I do have to say runnin with a squad and the guy behind you covering you sure feels alot better than guys snatching panzerfausts from out in front of you and running in your way, or 6 guys trying to give you ammo when your trying to setup MG, thats why we have our clan we got tired of the immature, retardedness, and the major lack of teamplay.

Join a clan!

Upvote 0
Jump onto an Australian server, of course the ping will be 250-300 but still playable, you will find that with the games are more intense then others and the teamwork is spot on. Being only 3 major clans in Australia and usually going on opposing sides in pub matches, they interact with the pub community. It doesn't really mater if you lose or win in our matches as their is a sense of enjoyment, either being rolled in the first few minutes or desperately fighting for every square inch.

What can also be seen as a good thing is the vast majority of specialized classes which I would call the sniper and Squad leader are taken by experienced clanners. Some may find this greedy or what not, but it does in fact increase the overall satisfaction of the match as you don't have some knob raining arty on your head or a sniper prating about but people who keep the battle moving always.
Listen to this man, gents. Of all my many games of RO, the most intense (and the best as far as teamwork goes, not including EFO matches or unit practices) were all on the Gamearena or Gamespace servers.

Upvote 0