• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TripWire's "next project"

OMG ladies please. Let's talk about Tripwires new project.

I don't really want to see a WW1 game, that's not to say if there is one I won't play it. I'm sure TWI will do it justice. Like someone up there ^^ said if you do WW1 it needs to be broad, varied and thorough. There's very little variation in 1 specific theatre.

what about Tripwire talks about their new project first, so we have something to talk about?

Upvote 0
o+rly__ruserious.JPG

Upvote 0
There were no tank battles, as only the Brits had them.

In 1917-18 , France had 2000 tanks in line , the tanks of Renault , Berlier and Schneider , St Chamond (27 tonnes tank ) . The Germans never believed in them , as the thought canons were superior at the time , and especially because they managed to destroy many of the bigger and slow ones (like St Chamond) hence why more mobile and lowerprofile light tanks were widely used as a result ) . 2nd Victory of Marne in 1918 is probably the best example of a succesful tank tactics in WWI at Villers-Coter

Upvote 0
Well maybe the first tanks were just armoured tractors but they didn't bother making it an official tank because every tractor was different. I know I heard something about armoured tractors during WWI.

There where some odd prototypes, that pretty much just where tractors with armour stuck on there, but im not so sure thouse saw any combat, i somewhat doubt it.

But even the "real Tanks" where powered by tractor engines, and probably alot of other bits taken from tractors, why reinvent the wheel?

Upvote 0
I still can't imagine what an engineering miracle it would have been back then.

With the fuels, lubricants and "precision" building of then they were so underpowered you had to be an execeptionally skilled driver to even get the damn thing to move.

They weighed nearly 30 tonnes and had only 105 hp (and I doubt it came near that figure), which is equivalent to the least powerful diesel engine you can get in a Volkswagen.

And they never heard of external exhaust pipes it was just the exhaust manifold blasting loads of unburnt petrol and soot into the cockpit.
If you won't die of bulletholes you'll die at least from skin, lung or whatever type of cancer.

Upvote 0
The mk1 was a lumbering metal coffin that did nothing for the allies and wasnt some super-weapon! It was more psychological then anything else!

You're right about that. Although the Mk1 made some gaps in the German lines, the German artillery crews soon found that the tanks were sitting ducks for them. I saw on a WW1 documentary where a single artillery gun took out something like over 100 British tanks in one engagement.

Upvote 0