• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Music] Led Zeppelin

since im sure none of you went, read this review by some dude who did:

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdai...d-zeppelin-the-full-report-from-david-fricke/

and if you dont want to read it, just know that the guy gave it a fantastic review and it fills me with hope that all the rumors of them touring are true. if i had an extra 168k lying around i would of seriously considered spending it on zep tickets... it truly would of been a once in a lifetime experience.

Upvote 0
You guys missed out :(
We stayed up all night and waited in line to get tickets to see Zeppelin at the LSU Assembly Center in the '70's. Waiting all night in line was unheard in those days (unless it was the Beatles or Elvis). Everyone commented that this was the only band they would stay up all night for (it was cold, too as I remember). Not to mention having to pay the outrageous ticket price of $7.50. It was time and money well spent.

The LSU Assembly Center is a flying saucer shaped building with great accoustics. Our ears rang for two days following the concert.

Floyd

Had the good fortune of seeing Pink Floyd there, too. Never be late for a Floyd concert. They started on time with no lead bands.

Upvote 0
You guys missed out :(
We stayed up all night and waited in line to get tickets to see Zeppelin at the LSU Assembly Center in the '70's. Waiting all night in line was unheard in those days (unless it was the Beatles or Elvis). Everyone commented that this was the only band they would stay up all night for (it was cold, too as I remember). Not to mention having to pay the outrageous ticket price of $7.50. It was time and money well spent.

The LSU Assembly Center is a flying saucer shaped building with great accoustics. Our ears rang for two days following the concert.

Floyd

Had the good fortune of seeing Pink Floyd there, too. Never be late for a Floyd concert. They started on time with no lead bands.
Rub it in why don't you :D:mad:

Upvote 0
floyd the who had a tour a year ago i went to their concert in MSG in september(it kicked ***)

idk but theyll probably tour again within the next 3 years

Thanks. Without a doubt, The Who was the live band to see, but being that they're but 1/2 of the original band now, I'll pass. Kenney Jones did well to pick up after the death of Keith Moon. But with John Entwistle gone now too, there's really not much left to see.

I even passed on some Eagles tickets in LA this past month. Though many of the older generation bands (or reunions) are still good, they are generally nothing like they were in their prime. (Either that or the fact that my mind hasn't been altered in many a moon has something to do with it :cool:)

Upvote 0
You could not swap me straight across for my Cake and Devil makes Three tickets on the 30th and 31st.

Maybe I'm old or something but growing up listening Led Zeppelin on my mothers turntable for years on end in the 70's and 80's I could really care less.

I am more interested in the Hot Little Potato Standup Bassist for Devil Makes Three, Lucia Turino. :cool:

Upvote 0