• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

xbox360 or ps3

illinifan

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 11, 2007
before i start, let me say that i hate halo so dont use that as a reason

i dont know if i should get a 360 or a ps3 for christmas so i was wondering what you guys think that i should get

for ps3, i like the games, but i know noone who has it, while a lot of ppl i know have a 360 but i dont like any of the soley 360 based games ( i dont like single player so games like assasins creed and mass effect wont be played by me)

I would get a PS3 if you have the money for it.

The 360 is a FPS console, most game will be multiplatform anyway (between PS3 and 360) while the PS3 exclusives will be more varied than just FPS, FPS , 3rd person shooter, FPS, FPS.
Also unless you get the 40GB version of the PS3 you will have access to most of the PS2 library that does contain a lot of good games.

Upvote 0
Yeah, if you don't like single-player, you should just upgrade your PC (if needed), or otherwise spend your money elsewhere. The only reason I have a 360 and a PS3 is for SP games that will not come out on the PC (Mass Effect, Halo 3.....for the next couple of years, anyway, and MGS4, for example).

Hell, I'm really looking forward to AC, but I'm holding out for the next couple of months so I can get it on PC. In short, PC>console, and the only reason I have consoles are for the above reason that some games don't come out for PC, even though they should (can you imagine how awesome Mass Effect would be on the PC?).

Upvote 0
Haven't had much experience with the 360, but my brother has a PS3. Not really impressed with it though, graphically my modest PC out does it and the games out for it like 'Heavenly Sword' seem like crap.

Though Stranglehold is fun.

Oh and I am going to come right out and say Halo, the characters affiliated with it, story and game mechainc entriely sucks balls in a big way, and if you purchase a console just for this series you need your head read by a professional.

Upvote 0
You know, the PS2 is still very much a contender, there's no shortage of games for it, and new games are still released for it, it doesen't have the hardware Gremlin problems of the 360, the avalible games seem more varied, and you can probably pick one up cheap second hand.

If i really wanted a console, the choice would definately be between the 360 and PS2, the PS3 would never even cross my mind, too expensive, no games, and Blueray woes.

Upvote 0
A Personal Computer. Most multiplayer games are free, or any real MMOGs so far have been for pc. All true indie stuff and mods and small game companies do it for pc and will continue to do so.

PC realses are no longer buggy, most of the problems are fixed simply jumping between drivers, which is simply matter of couple mouse clicks. So I don't see any need for consoles for these reasons. And if yuor into beta-stuff then pc is the only way to go.

Even monetarily the diffrence in the end is not so big, my friend uses consoles and we are pretty much even whit the money we have spend. Biggest thing is to sort **** from good stuff whit pc's hardware, but yuo can get help for that, just ask friends and use google.

Most 360 games are going to come to pc too. Gears of war was exclusive and it came, so will all serious titles too (including Mass Effect)

If yuo simply don't want to wait(for vanity value mostly) then get the consoles whit few friends together and share it. (One keeps it for a week, or get all together for a week end and play the new game together)
Not every home needs a console, but pc is practical for near everyone.

Upvote 0
Atleast when you have a buggy pc game it can be fixed with a patch. If you get a buggy console game (which do get released from time to time) there's not much you can do about it.

I have a 360 and highly recommend it if you are going for a console. I probably won't get a PS3 until the next gen. consoles come out.

Upvote 0
im actually leaning towards ps3 since 360 is more expensive and there are no 360 only games that interest me

ps3- 399 for 40 gig with spidey 3
20 for the hdmi cable
60 for game (warhawk, ratchet and clank, drakes fortune, motorstorm, cod4 or resistance)
ps3 comes with wirelss

while 360- 349 for 20gig with 2 games
100 for wireless adapter
20 for hdmi cable
60 for game (probably cod4)

but more of my friends have 360 so im not really sure yet

Upvote 0