• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

need help for a mutator

rofr_wil

Dec 24, 2005
An idea of mutator was suggested :
The principle shall consist in inciting the players to play in groups rather than to rusher solo in everything directions...

The mutator would include the effect of stress :
This stress can consider several interesting effects already existing in the game.
The more the player will deviate from his team, the more his stress will increase and thus more the player will have handicaps (fast breath, faster tire, confusions of the sight and the less good precision in the shooting.
If the soldiers remain grouped, less the stress will be present, and the player will thus be totally operational.

This mutator would thus oblige the players to play in team, to expect to progress and to play with efficiency. I meet regrettably difficulties with the codes to realize this mutator.
I shall like getting in touch with persons know the subject and can to help me in my project.

I thank you in advance.

contact me to...

interesting idea, and for sure doable. Not sure what the effect would be on the performance though, since you have to constantly run iterators checking for nearby pawns.

If you have specific questions, feel free to PM me. For really helping creating this, im too busy with CC still :/

Upvote 0
You only need one check every three seconds. Stress isn't something that works in a very exact way so it doesn't matter a lot and in three seconds players can hardly get out of range to each-other AND do something that would be exploiting the still reduced stress effects.

One check every three seconds surely can't be that much to calculate.

We already had a few suggestions that suggested this. For the maingame its of course unusable, as its unrealistic and artificial, but as a mutator it definately sounds like a fun idea.

Good luck with your project. Post a link to a server running it once you completed it!

Upvote 0