• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite album covers

I can't find a pic, but there was a Rare Earth album cover that was shaped like an Army M51 field cargo pack. I'll definitely have to pick that up the next time I see it.
rareearth.jpg

Might that be it?

Top album covers? The sig says it all :p

Floyd

Upvote 0
I am huge fan of Peter Saville who did album covers for Factory records especially his early to mid 80s work which are all masterpieces IMO.

Yeah, I'm almost 100% sure he did the art for Unknown Pleasures as well. I have both Joy Division albums on LP, and it looks great (album art for LP's often look better imo). In fact I think my copy is one of the earlier pressings.

The image itself is the frequency of a dying star, or something.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i've once seen a couple of metalheads once, both aged around 60 or so, they had white hair allready etc :D
The woman in a gothic dress, the guy was wearing a bandshirt of either Amon Amarth or Dimmu Borgir :D

remember gothics arent metalheads.

I went to a festival last saturday. I am 19 and was one of the youngest easily. average age was in the 20's at least.

oh and my review if interested: http://www.last.fm/user/tomcatha/journal/2007/12/2/588537/

Dont forget that metal is not like my chemical romance. There is about infinitly more substance in metal than such pos real juvenile music.

Upvote 0
remember gothics arent metalheads.

I went to a festival last saturday. I am 19 and was one of the youngest easily. average age was in the 20's at least.

oh and my review if interested: http://www.last.fm/user/tomcatha/journal/2007/12/2/588537/

Dont forget that metal is not like my chemical romance. There is about infinitly more substance in metal than such pos real juvenile music.

I know.
At least the guy was a metalhead lol, the woman mightve just like dresses or whatever i dont know :p **** :p
ease of there, i know the difference

Upvote 0
Lets not mention this......"thing" ever again, KTHX.

Now that I have calmed down. Its not very unusual to see older people wear a Dimmu Borgir or Amon Amarath t-shirts (especialy on those wild fins).

Mostly because demon burger and to a quite a bit lesser extent amon amarth are also kinda the linkin park and britney spears of metal.

Oh and what is more awesome than this: when i was in germany this october i saw a guy around 40 biking with a rather large morbid angel patch on his back while his bike also had one of those cute kiddie seats.

\m/

Upvote 0
Mostly because demon burger and to a quite a bit lesser extent amon amarth are also kinda the linkin park and britney spears of metal.

Oh and what is more awesome than this: when i was in germany this october i saw a guy around 40 biking with a rather large morbid angel patch on his back while his bike also had one of those cute kiddie seats.

\m/

That's something i find funny though, it really seems to be the mentality of everybody.
Unknown bands = true metal, more known-bands = fake/degraded metal, or at least inferior to lesser known bands. What is up with that? :D

Upvote 0

Ahhh elitism at it's best.
Still Dimmu Borgirs farts contain more metal then most people coming with statements like this (But I can agree that In Sorte Diaboli could have been a better album)

Upvote 0