• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

jeremy's new mod

Which is what I said. It would reduce felt recoil. A lighter weapon still absorbs less recoil than a heavier firearm. As anyone who has shot an M38, and an M91/30 can attest to.

I am agreeing with you on the AK47 vs AKM by the way, before you counter my statements. After all the AK 74's muzzle brake virtually eliminates recoil. I'm just talking about recoil itself now. We're so far off topic at this point I don't think it matters.

As for a milled vs stamped receiver. I truly can't say one way or the other. As both of my rifles are AKM clones. However, most people do feel that an AK 47 is more accurate than an AKM because it doesn't bend and flex like an AKM.

No worries mate, i deliberately went overboard with the technical stuff as i suspected others here would be interested in knowing what sets the two AK versions apart.

The main thing i was trying to get at is, smart design is more important for recoil than the weight of the weapon.

But im afraid the flex whilst shooting is not an AKM problem, if you ever see high-speed camera photage of a 47 shooting, you will see it does exactly the same thing, the flex is there on all AK's, milled or stamped, its a fundamental flaw with how the barrel connects to the reciver, any reciver.
Its possible that the stamped ones flex slightly more though, i honestly dont know, but i doubt its a big factor.

I suspect the real reason people are claiming better groupings with 47's is that many AKM's where made at a time where quantity was much more important than quallity, alot of them are not exactly shining beacons of excellence in the field of craftsmanship if you catch my drift..

But ofcourse, it was never ment to be a sharpshooter, so what can one really expect ;)

Upvote 0