• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ironsight too slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
The iron sights are fine. It takes nerves of steel to remain calm and take careful aim at the smg'er bearing down on you. The satisfaction is immense...lol.

But to those who think they should come up faster and waver while you find your target, I'd suggest taking up a sport like sporting clays. In sporting clays (as opposed to skeet or trap), you must begin with your weapon below your shoulder. You'd be amazed at how quickly you become adept at bringing your weapon up to your shoulder with your head in perfect alignment and the barrel pointed exactly where you are looking. Once you become proficient, you never even notice the gun sights while you find, pull through and shoot a rapidly moving clay pigeon.

I realize I'm talking shotgun vs. rifle, but the concept is the same. It eventually boils down to muscle memory and reflex. Play long enough and your rifle will be perfectly on target and you can snap shoot with extreme accuracy.

Upvote 0
I think that it is fine the way it is.

If you think about it from a scripting and animation point of view, you bring up the weapon slowly using less scripting and less animation or you could bring the weapon up faster and animate the head moving in and resting on the stock then the eyes focusing on the sights and then taking a shot at your target. IRL you would bring the weapon up faster but by the time you are ready to fire at your target it is relatively the same amount of time as in game. So they basically created the same actions and time variance without all of the scripting and animation, which would more than likely cause lower fps.

When you think of the sequence of shouldering your weapon you must take into account the other aspects that happen. And the best way to cover these aspects in game is to slow down the shouldering animation then to script and animate the complete sequence.

Just my opion

Upvote 0
I am OK with it as is. I played around with a winchester rifle out of curiousity and really all things considered the timing is right. I am not military trained so I suspect, I am a bit slower on the draw, but it still takes time to line up your sights from the hip.

Had to stop. My wife walked into the room. I can really creep her out sometimes....:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
[5 ss] Strother. I here by am renameing you to Captain Buzzkill if you like it or not. I know you rule your servers with an iron fist to make up for your inequaties as a man.All you do is shoot down peoples opinions instead of constructive critisim. You are a sad sad man. If i beat you up in high school...dude im sorry ok? Its time to move on. Really.
:)

Upvote 0
The current IS system may seem slow, and yeah, anyone here could jerk a rifle butt up to their shoulder faster IRL, but the sights are aligned for you, spot on, 100% of the time. No one can do that in real life. That's the hard part of shooting. Getting the rear sight and the front site to line up, stay that way for a shot, and line back up for the next. You may not always IS to dead center-screen, but you always IS with your gun lined up perfectly no matter where it is pointed.

With that in mind, I say leave IS as is. They're excellent.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.