• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Need to ask a question about the G43

I say that either the sights need to be black, or just the tip turns blacker. Actually can someone post a picture of their G43 sight if they have one? Also, wouldn't the iron sight be black if it had stove blackening? Pretty sure that even the Garand's sight was a black.
Also, G43 the G43 was in fact reported to be EXTREMELY accurate a football field away. I quote from http://www.panzergrenadier.net/article-G43.php

" Apparently unnoticed I had thrown myself down some distance from the two wounded Germans remaining in the open, playing dead and hoping to gain for myself the element of surprise. I watched the first two waves of Soviets leave their dugouts, then arose zombie-like from the dead and began firing round after round of accurate fire over open sights at a range of about 80 meters. To be sure of the hit, and for the explosive round to do its work, I aimed for the area just above the hip. With devastating effect each bullet found its mark inside a Russian stomach, destroying a range of inner organs and intestines. The Soviets appeared stunned by having an unexpected apparition firing at them from an oblique angle on the flank, and then became visibly annoyed. Things were not going to plan for them. In the meantime my ten comrades had gathered their wits and were pouring towards the Russians a blistering fire. The magazine of my semi-automatic held ten rounds. Once the first clip was empty, every shot a hit, I swiftly fitted the second and continued firing. I could see the ground strewn with twenty or more Russian dead or writhing in terrible agony. After reloading with the third clip I became the target of a few desultory replies, but the awful screams of their wounded comrades had unsettled them so much that they aborted the attack and, apart from some withering fire in my direction, retired to their trench. I leapt up again and ran in wild zigzags to the two wounded Jager, throwing myself down beside them in an unevenness in the ground which offered very little cover. So far I had come through the action without a scratch, but the dangerous sprint through the hail of bullets to render first aid to my wounded colleagues was of no avail."

So obviously G43s could hit a Ruskie's head at 100 yds away.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They should hit that range reliably, especially when K98's could. This is all using the G43 scoped variant, and the longest I've hit so far is in Danzig at the destroyed tank where there is a clear sight to the Russian sniper building. So how much is that? Must've been 200 yds at least I was having trouble shooting the thing without resting. I will say that G43 seems fine, but why all the weird characteristics? It seems worse then the SVT sniper. Which I must say, does better in some places.

Upvote 0
In my experience the G43 is the more accurate semi when compared to the SVT40. However, and this is a big however, the colouring of the front sight blade makes it pretty much impossible to shoot accurately a lot of the time, it just gets lost in the backdrop so easily making it hard to distinguish the tip and therefore aim correctly.

The SVT has no such handicap it has a fine dark front blade which is easy to see and place on a target. Which is why a lot of people are more effective with it.

Upvote 0
Its the sound that I really cannot stand!!1 :mad:
True that.

Its sound was already standing out from other weapons in the Mod but wasn't so 'different' than the other guns in the mod as it is now in Ost.

Speaking of which, the Mosin and ESPECIALLY the Kar had more 'bang' powerful sounds than they do now. Anyways...

Upvote 0
shot01200rq1.png

shot01197wo5.png

I'd say it's a excellent rifle. ****ty built in gfx card +1 for no recoil!

Upvote 0
Those graphics made me die a little on the inside, my god it's terrible. I could draw better then that screen.

Well, thats what i get for leaving my case open, and ritually taking the air compressor to blow out the dust. Only to touch the air nozzle to gfx card and short it. TWICE :rolleyes:

But hey, thanks to recoil bug, i can hip you with the mg34 at 100m

+&-

Upvote 0