• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

faces of the german soldiers!

danix

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 29, 2005
it's not any new that the way the soldier walks(run its really fine) is very very weird, we kept our weapons in the waist instead of chest(like bf2) but this should be the difficult with the engine? Maybe not... I saw many people complaining about it, and this is defenetily important.

Another thing is the german faces... they're just not germans really, the old mod have many faces, they were static but was nice though, ANY CHANCE to get it done? I'll send 2 imgs:

imagemlq6.jpg

another thing: the green uniforms should be historyc right? I really would like to see some gray ones(green/gray lke in the img) at least like those ones on that new map of berlin :D

What about choose your own gear? i mena clothes? i really like to have a cap instead of a helmet sometimes =) should be that difficut i guess :p

kk its difficult but at least say what you tinhk.

one last thing: guys really? what do you think of the german faces? they are so strange aren't they? i think they are alot:mad: its another people but not german...(i know they have blue eyes but that's another people not german)

What about choose your own gear? i mena clothes? i really like to have a cap instead of a helmet sometimes =) should be that difficut i guess :p

Historically that's farby. Germans rarely ever ran around in a combat just with their field or overseas caps.

Sure there were some instants, but they are really expections and, "expection = rule" <--- fail. Tough tittie if it is too much to bear.

another thing: the green uniforms should be historyc right? I really would like to see some gray ones(green/gray lke in the img) at least like those ones on that new map of berlin

Practically if we begin to nitpick about the colours, every shade between brown and gray would be correct, and it depends on other myriad reasons.

Fieldgrey.jpg

Original uniforms, none of which match. The 4 on the right are all made in 1943. If this is difficult to swallow, please call A.Speer at the Reich Economic office in order to lodge a complaint. I'm sure that Deutsche Telekom in Berlin information will be most helpful in locating his number!

Courtesy of At the Front.

one last thing: guys really? what do you think of the german faces? they are so strange aren't they? i think they are alot its another people but not german...(i know they have blue eyes but that's another people not german)

Just because they do not look german does not mean they would be plausible.

(all of the following are original photos)

Funny4.jpg

Funny1.jpg

Officer.jpg

Those two in the first photo especially look like non-german, yet they still are. And you never know what kind of deformed faces you might see in the war, either by natural causes or by some wounding or such.

Edit: In case if you want more info why "pimp my soldier" idea would not practically work that well, refer http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23335&page=2 for more info.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i know that there are lots of faces, but besides they look all the same in ro:eek: its not.. mm how can i say.. i think you already got it.

and what about the animation? the way we walk :(

thanks for the quality comment :eek:

editi:man I'm not saying that we're al shoud have pretty faces, but the ones is really weird compared to the russian ones, damm they have a nice winter camo and we don't for lots of people it could sounds: meh just more things, but =/ its no a monter change...

and just because there were deformed faces doesn't mean that ALL the SOLDIERS should have one, sincerely...

k so 3 things to consider:
1. New camo and uniforms for the germans(not skin a new model somethgin like...)
2. Give us the ability to choose face like in the mod(i don't know if that worked but in configuration I could choose my face as german and russian)
3. Walking animation, or at least a try on a new one cause, really thats robotic, it got better than the mod but it still...

Please try to consider.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
k so 3 things to consider:
1. New camo and uniforms for the germans(not skin a new model somethgin like...)
2. Give us the ability to choose face like in the mod(i don't know if that worked but in configuration I could choose my face as german and russian)
3. Walking animation, or at least a try on a new one cause, really thats robotic, it got better than the mod but it still...

1. We do not have officially WSS ingame, so if TWI would be adding camo it would soldier wearing Zeltbahn, and I can't even imagine what pain in the *** it might be to animate that thing properly. Camouflage smocks are bit farby in larger quantities, since in Heer usage of Zeltbahn was the most common camo out there, and "expection = rule" is still not good excuse for something, and often reguests about this and that tends to be extremely german based, with all WSS hypercamouflages and with some WSS 2nd pattern parkas or just some WSS related. As long as it is WSS, it's fine.

archivepicgervalentine7cm7.jpg

Feel free to animate and model that thing ingame. Btw it is quite comfortable to wear and it protects you from the rain quite decently.

Edit: I know, WSS, Volksturm, Einsatzgruppen and every other thing you can imagine do exist in some custom maps, but they're custom maps, not official.

2. Well this might be reasonable, but generally speaking small customization often turns out to be "fulfil my fantasy" situation in terms of more customizing. Even though I agree that RO mod did have bit more variety in uniforms and such and it would not hurt to have something like that, some people are extremely hyper-**** about these things, so it ends in the legendary problem that either you sacrifice authenticity for the sake of gameplay or we end up speaking in circles (especially with vehicles) that which is the best one to do turkeyshooting and such. And especially with camo stuff, "I want mah WSS [model X] camouflage now and [yadayadayada]"

3. Well current running\jogging animation looks already silly and unnatural, but I guess it might be reasonable.

Upvote 0
Look, I want camo uni's for the Germans too, and if I was hellbent on making them in-game I could make a really half-assed skin in probably less than an hour. The point is we want TW to do it so it's official content everyone can enjoy. Germans without winter camo is nuts at this point in the game's life IMO. Especially considering what DID make it in (Russian Universal Carriers, the G41, etc).

Someone should make a bunch of frowning German faces since they're all getting shot from a lack of winter camo.

Upvote 0
Someone should make a bunch of frowning German faces since they're all getting shot from a lack of winter camo.

I know, germans used winter camo, but generally speaking in some "**** happens" situation (like in Stalingrad) you could use everything you can imagine, like some plain snow overwhites or just some blankets cut with some holes to wear on. Or just some single reversible winter jacket or trousers.

However, another oh-so-hyper-**** issue is, that when you wear your service shirt, some underwear, possibly pullover, your tunic, trousers and every other thing like that and then full winter camouflage parka and rest of your gear - it begins to be pain in the *** to move around and unless if it is not cold "enough" there is quite a danger of becoming overheated if you try to do something "serious" exercise with that thing on.

Same problem was with WSS 2nd pattern winter parka (non-reversible). Sure it is warm, but few minutes after you are in combat with that thing on you are suffering from overheating in middle of a winter - and that's something you don't want to happen.

Kinda reminds me about some WSS related camo. Just because they had more of it and were _elite_ that doesn't mean everyone in WSS had everything camouflaged from head to feet :p

Not that I would be against some camouflage, but generally speaking most of the camouflage reguests are same old (WSS camo, winter camouflage) and such and somehow in this case it ends up in a debate that "Does it look cool" vs authenticity. Sure fully camouflaged WSS soldier from head to feet might be plausible in some situations, but you can see also in some original photos that some guys from WSS aren't even wearing any frigging camouflage. SS violated authenticity standards... oh noes.

Upvote 0
Look, I want camo uni's for the Germans too, and if I was hellbent on making them in-game I could make a really half-assed skin in probably less than an hour. The point is we want TW to do it so it's official content everyone can enjoy. Germans without winter camo is nuts at this point in the game's life IMO. Especially considering what DID make it in (Russian Universal Carriers, the G41, etc).

yeh like the mod would be very nice, i'll be posting some faces in the next few days for you to think better about it, I did a wrong idea fo the now german faces, in fact they are very very strange some too round i don't know can't put away with them... and please Aeneas2020 stop being so annoying, geting some new faces shoudln't be soo difficult but i never said it would be very easy, stop being asshole with any new idea, some wants aircrafts.. I (and others..) want to focus on infantry. in the other hand i see Oldih's post very constructive.

Those 3 things was to consider, I didn't write: DO THIS NOW! AS I BOUGHT YOUR GAME...

k about the camo of the germans as Oldih said, well sure that would be very very difficult, but have in every map the same skin and clothes (I really accept those ones on winter maps, the great coat, but the other is just summer...

The new model i suggest is to cover the neck kind of these things, where i live never got below than 4

Upvote 0
danix you just picked the wrong guy to piss off buddy, how dare you call me an asshole your probably some acne covered 14 yr old and tbh i dnt care what u say...so go forth and multiply u lazy little S.O.B

p.s. next time do your research...im actually all for planes and new content ive even offered texturing lessons to people who want to learn i wasn't getting at your original post but because your such a small minded idiot i guess you can barely read anyway...so yeh i wont bother posting in here anymore or indeed offering help in the future...i'm fed up with people like you.

Upvote 0
ow man, the way you treat some ideas, that is being asshole/annoying i don't know you, but saying that i said tw is lazy... i just don't know what they're doing, didn't see a patch since june or something, if you know fell free to say, but as long as someone says the game is not finished most people will try to give some suggestions to improving it, even if they don't know how to do it.

im a bit lazy of reinstalling the games i have of ww2 to take ss of all the faces, but i promise i'll do it =P just not today, then i'll post here for you to think about it. o/

besides im 17. and yes said asshole was heavy. I search about the mean and wasn't what i thought it was :confused:, but nevermind.

Upvote 0
but don't you think is sad that in ss maps we always see those Wehrmacht uniforms? ok lets put away with this then...

WSS violated authenticity standards (again) - they did wear basic army tunics.

WSS uniform compared to any other uniforms is practically impossible to detect if it is the early WSS type field blouse. Believe me, it is 99.9% impossible to detect from original photos and even in original uniforms you need either very good eyesight or you need to open the blouse to notice it - and I can't even imagine how it could be recognized ingame. It's just impossible.

Mid war one is more recognizable in general, but still the first person to tell the diffrence between WSS pattern tunic and regular tunic ingame will get a cookie and Grand Prize for being such authenticity officer.

And practically no real reason to texture thing like that.

And if you are speaking about WSS camouflage, there was some WSS units that were barely even issued with tarnjackes or some WSS soldiers might have had just some other camouflage, like reversible trousers or such. Some might have full camouflage uniform, but originals are always funny to see.

(all following photo's credits goes to their original owners, courtesy of Pegasus Archive)

PicSSPow.jpg

Aye, you can see camouflage on those guys.

PicCaptured.jpg

But where's yer camouflage? Those two german soldiers are WSS and they don't have even slightest camouflage.

PicGermanHouse.jpg

Apparently those guys are WSS soldiers too. Only one guy with camouflage.

PicGermanPosition.jpg

I do not see any chest eagles, so are WSS soldiers. Where's their frigging camouflage? Oh noes.

PicGermanInfantry1.jpg

Damm WSS, breaking camouflage regulations all the time.

Pic_StugArnhem1.jpg

And what's up with these WSS guys also? Oh noes again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
oldih i never said u were lazy i don't know where u got that from, neither did i say twi was lazy....my post related to several posts in the ideas and suggestions forums as of late and wasn't directed at you and in all seriousness was just a bit of light hearted fun anyway you guys can have your wish i wont be posting on this forum anymore you guys want TWI to do everything you say thats fine, all i ever said was how you could and possibly couldnt do stuff like planes, camo skins etc i even pmed guys offering them help and all i have received over the past two months is abuse in reply so you know what hav your wish guys. bye

Upvote 0