• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

• It's Great! Check it out...NOW!!!

Votes: 55 26.6%
  • It's just OK -- worth downloading but...

Votes: 95 45.9%
  • It sucks buckets...

Votes: 57 27.5%

• Total voters
The D-Day he is talking about is an upcoming large scale ww2 game that is going to feature things like civilians, animal life, rain lifting the waterlevel, etc. pp. Basically everything you might think would be cool to have in a realistic ww2 game and a few things that you never even thought of when thinking of a game. All of that on historically accurate maps of course. I think they were talking about geerating the maps from topographical data, so they don't have tto be mapped individually and only those areas of specific interest (Carentan or something) would be decorated by hand.
Its all "Very, very (I mean VERY)" ambitious to say the least.

Heh, yeah ok, that definately has all my warning lights flashing, that just sounds way too ambitious, not only to make, but to run on any system too, rain raising water levels!? who would even want that?

One of INS's developers is a former dev of RO.
He is said to have departed from RO because it was watered down so much. Oh the irony. Well, I don't know him, nor do I know any real reasons, so I won't comment on that in here.

Ahh, well thats sweet irony for ya, pot to kettle, you sir, are black! :D

Upvote 0
I'm not trying to get anyone hyped up (I'm not either tbh) but give them a second chance. They promised to fix the main problems INS currently has. We'll see. If they don't, this mod is dead for me as well.

The "main problems" are not the real deal breaker for me though, even with thouse bugs and oversights fixed, Ins just doesen't appeal, and wont unless they suddenly revamped the gameplay to be less like CS and more like Infiltration.

Upvote 0
They already did that are are continuing to do so and that's fine. No one forces me to play it after all, but they should NOT try and lure other demographics into the game by claiming its a super realistic tactical shooter when it clearly isn't.

In my opinion the engine has nothing to do with it. Raven Shield did a great job at being a rather realistic game even without bullet physics, penetration or huge levels. INS could have easily done the same, but they chose not to, for whatever reason (probably popularity). Their decision, not mine. But they shouldn't have lied to us.

Its like saying you are going to sell the best bitter lemons ever. Of course there are only a handfull of people who would actually buy bitter lemons, because most people prefer oranges, so if you would rather sell oranges that's fine. But don't lable them as bitter lemons to trick bitter lemon lovers into getting them!

Upvote 0
Don't get me wrong.. I don't actively play INS but - the size of the maps are such that not a single one of those modern weapons would suffer from flight decay. So is it that people could be referring the 'x' amount of flight time that they feel should be present? Cause again, with exception of one map, the distances in which the firefights take place are small enough that flight time would be non-existent or better put non-noticable. Or are people talking about accuracy over distance - which again, the spaces are tiny... not to mention in RO I can routinely nail a moving pixel half a city away (perfect straight flight every single time, which is hardly realistic either).

:confused:

Upvote 0
Leveldesign is what really ruins it for me.
It's all just one big chokepoint, or just 2 or 3 chokepoints, but chokepoints nonetheless.
It turns the entire affair into a campfest, watching and waiting for the first guy to cross a corner so you can shoot him, just cause there is no other way for him to go.

As for recoil, that doesnt really bother me.
I have fired a Diemaco C7 (wich is similar to m16's) in real life, and it didnt have much, or at all, noticeable recoil to me. My sergeant held it in one hand above his head and fired off a burst without much recoil either (but not real bullets, but the practice things... dont know their names on the top of my head, but they are exactly the same as real bullets, only thing is that there isnt any sharp object coming out of your weapon :rolleyes:)

Upvote 0
Blanks (that's what they are called) do have considerably less recoil than real ammunition, but I can still attest that 5.56mm produces very little recoil and INS has that about right. There maybe need for some tweaking here and there, but it's overall closer to the real deal than ROs pretty inconsistant recoil.

Well, the rounds that my sergeant fired at the time fired into the air were blanks.
I've fired those too, and real bullets as well. I didnt notice much difference :)

Upvote 0