• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation KV-1B and KV-2

Whew...

1. KV1 has one turret. ;)
2. KV2 may have some elevation issues but no promise. It is possible to code but it is a nightmare. Odds are anyone implementing it should not expect it to be very mobile. It would be very easy to flank.
3. Zis will carry five or more players, including driver.
4. Our upcoming release will be huge:
- M1937_b (updated, more features than official version)
- pak40
- Zis-3
- SdKfz 251/22
- StuG-B
- KV1-B
- KV2
- Zis 5 truck
- Additional skins for some custom and stock vehicles and hopefully winter skins for the BT7, StuG-B, KV1-B, and KV2.
- TractorWorks_final
- Elnya_beta2
- Klin_beta1 (maybe)
- Updated Berezina submitted to TWI

That's the plan. Hopefully we can make it. I apologize for the long delays but we wanted to work out code changes with TWI to limit the variations between vehicles/AT guns. Teufel has had a lot of time challenges and we've been working with Captain Obvious and TT33 to get these new vehicles in-game. It has been a great relationship but everything takes time when you have real jobs and families. As soon as we can give you all solid products, we'll roll them out. ;)

Upvote 0
Way cool, that KV2 is just insane! How many will the truck hold? Also, the kv1b looks like it has 2 cannons, is that just an illusion?

It's actually a P-III on my test map that I was using to destroy the truck to test a slightly different destroyed effect. Never thought "someone" (cough, cough) would leak the screenshot..... I would have removed it otherwise.

Yes, the 251/22 is still there. It's coming. As Slyk (aka "someone") said, we have a lot of vehicles coming. We just didn't feel the need to release a few, then go back and release a few more. Once I get through September, my time will free up considerably and the production line will crank up again. Just a lot going on with family, work, conferences, vacation, etc. They will go into the first round of testing and fixing this week though.

Cheers.

Upvote 0
Sweet! As a tanker I can't decide if I am more pumped to try out the, SdKfz 251/22,StuG-B or KV2 the most.
As far as the kv2 elevation issue goes, mby reducing the up/down(?) ability of the barrel slightly would be a fair way of balancing it's use? When I use the kv1 I usualy tend to go for more level areas due to its limited up/down range.

Klin sounds interesting, I would think the Axis defends? Thx AZ crew!

Upvote 0
I think the 251/22 is the most fun, but yet to try out the new tanks. The KV2 is sure to be the "hot chick" for awhile with everyone giving her a go. hahaha

The 251 is just fun. Remember that April preview movie? Hide it almost anywhere and whack moles all day.

We'll have to see about the KV2s limits. Testing will help with some choices but don't expect ultra-realistic behaviors. Teufel has his hands full enough with getting so much done now.

As for Klin, it's the Wehrmacht's last gasp to encircle Moscow from the north. First snows, Russian strong point defenses, etc.

Upvote 0
will there be a dunkelgelb skin for the pak40?
the 251/22 is what interests me the most! and will it also have a 3-tone camo sheme?? or even better the ambush pattern? since it was a late war defensive-ambush vehicle and large scale production only began in december 1944.
i also read the benches were removed and replaced with stowage bins, so it lost it's transport role. is it true with this one also?

im a StuG lover, but if the 22 has faster reload then the StuG, then i will seriously think twice at spawn before taking the StuG instead of the 22.
would be great to have one with foliage on.

ps, did u do the 251/22 because i once suggested it on the forums? cause u guys normally do early war soviet stuff :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Any chance of this appearing in RO: O ?

Dual 152mm howitzers -

152x2e.jpg

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
These tanks will get into the game, and rather soon too. Like Slyk pointed out these LOD0 meshes and skins are just a tiny part of the work. I spend more time working on techinical meshes which a player never even really sees ingame, like LODs and Collision models. I don't post them because they aren't really exciting to look at but still require the same amount of work.

All of the models and skins for the StuG III Ausf. B are complete (LODs, interiors, etc.), and animations are making fine progress. The LODs for the KVs are essentially finished and the other exterior techinical meshes will be done soon too. Since we are using the same chasis for both tanks making the interiors will take half the time it would if these were two seperate models. These vehicles will get into the game, they won't fade away like some of the other projects started before.

Can you please post a full series for one vehicle? All the LOD models and collision models, textured and wires so those of us who are learning the process can see what the set is supposed to look like.

Upvote 0
KV2's captured and turned gainst Kiev Bunkers at Serpent's Wall

KV2's captured and turned gainst Kiev Bunkers at Serpent's Wall

In a thread in the Off Topic history forum I found a website, and while reading it stumbled across a reference to the KV2 I thought you guys might be interested to see.

http://www.serpentswall.com/page20.html

(Photos)
"Bunkers have been destroyed either with antiaircraft guns or with Soviet KV-2 tanks, which Germans seized in first days of war. "

Upvote 0