• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Dubrava Beta 3 -- A 50 Man map

Divinehammer

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 9, 2006
Sunny, Obamalot
Dubrava Beta 3 50 man
Beta3 info:
I had to quickly put out Beta 3 due to some exploits I was unaware of in Beta2. I think that I have addressed those issues. I have to drop this in there did I mention that this is a 50 man map. I think that this map would be a great addition to the campaigns out there so please take a look.
Fixes made in Beta 3:
- NEW Tore down old fuel depot and built a new one which is much larger and complex should be good for some close in
battles.
- NEW Added new SS Camo Skins to map (hat tip Shurek)
- NEW water shader looks more realistic to the surroundings. (hat tip Shurek)
- NEW added a much needed Topo map (hat tip Shurek)
- blocked stairs outside allies spawn. (user request)
- blocked ability to crawl under tanks and inside them.
- turned off text for Get in when you get close to a tank. (hat tip Shurek)
- Russian Sniper class count is fixed, everyone cant be sniper.
- floating windows fixed.
- vegetation should not stop players now.
- Stopped the HT from driving behind the trench.
- added mine volumes behind the trench should be a frontal assault only.
- objectives have been fixed to structure flow of gameplay better.
- added more eye candy.
- added some step ups in trench (user request)
- fixed the need for the Lruce Textue package.
** that is all on my list for now there are some other here and there things.

Special Thanks to:
Shurek big thanks for helping with optimization and especially the mortar system and coding. Took a load off of me
getting this map finished. Also as you can see he has been working hard on some great improvements.
Lruce Bee thanks for the statics
DingBat for the satchel Spawner
Afterhourz crew for the AT gun
Fennich_FJR6 for he camo skin work very nice
Drecks and Vivid thanks for a few borrowed structures
DrGuppy and UncleDrax for helping me with some issues
Thanks to all other forum posters that have answered my incessant questions and helping me to solve issues in the
creation of this map.
History and Setting:
This Maps name I pulled from just looking around in Google earth and a suggestion I believe from dogbadger.
I think it is actually a real town in the Kursk Oblast but I don’t even know if a railroad goes through it. The
battle though was designed to just be plausible and is not meant to be modeled after any actual event. If you do
have historical credence for this battle please send it to me.
This is a small unit action involving a German mechanized assault on a Russian Rail depot the purpose being
to capture the fuel depot to keep the Nazi treads turning. The Rail depot doubles as a Russian artillery post and is
therefore supported with a small infantry contingent. German infantry must assault over mostly open ground and
overwhelm the dug in Russians after which they will assault and capture the assets of the depot itself.
This engagement is combined arms transitioning into Infantry only combat where SMGs and Rifles will have an
equal role in combat.

How the map was designed to be played:
First and foremost my intent was to try and encourage teamwork. As the Germans the team must form up early.
Drivers of the halftracks should wait and try to fill their tracks as much as possible. If you don’t like riding it
is a long run I assure you. The first assault is your best bet you will be covered by an artillery smoke barrage on
your approach you must overwhelm the trench with much force to grab a foothold and the first objective. Halftrack
MGs should wait till the last moments to cover the assault and not telegraph their position, friendly fire will be a
strong possibility so be careful.
The Russians meanwhile must hunker down and repel the assault. They will have one AT gun at their disposal.
When hope is lost the Russians may want to fall back into the tunnels and do a fighting retreat. After the first obj
is captured Russian Reinforcements will spawn inside the depot where they should be setting up their defenses to
repel the Germans when they clear the tunnels. After clearing the tunnels Satchels will be provided to the Germans
to gain access to the Train Depot. The battle rages on.
The battle after this point is various kinds of combat. There are some good firing positions but they do not
allow you to necessarily keep or take objectives. Towards the end of the battle the Russians must decide which
objective they would like to defend and must juggle the amounts of reinforcements accordingly to adequately defend
each objective. We will see how this plays out for Beta1 it may end in a stalemate or teeter-totter effect.
Class Load outs:
Squad leaders have been given less ammo to get those that know how to run this class into the spot and discourage
those just wanting an SMG. SMGs for SL may be done away with or reduced to 1 clip we will see what is wanted. I
think that the consensus has been to leave SL to 3smg clips and 2 pistol clips.

Reinforcements have been set 450 Germans 350 Russians we will see how that goes.
Time is 35 minutes.
Issues that may need to be changed:

This is a list of items that I feel may be a problem to the map and may need to be changed.
Time limit of the battle for beta1 it will be long not sure how the map will play out. 35 minutes.
Classes and soldier load outs some are experimental and the quantities may not be rounded out enough.
Russian trench defenses may not be adequate enough. (It is not intended for the Russians to hold the trench the
entire game)
Russians should not be able to escape the first Trench it was designed for them be kept inside of it.
Escaping outside of the walls of the train depot should not be possible please report this abuse.

As always feedback is appreciated please be constructive with your comments, otherwise you are just wasting your
time.
PSA Announcement:
Mapping takes an investment of a lot of free time please be supportive of mappers who have given their time to bring
you more battlegrounds. Even if a map is crappy the next one they make may be a classic there is a lot of learning
and technique behind the scenes to building maps.
Link to see some screenshots:
http://www.redorchestragame.com/foru...hlight=dubrava
LINKs FOR DOWNLOAD:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZCECV4IG

http://hosted.filefront.com/DHammer/

Last edited:
I dont really see the point in using letters after a beta release its not like I can only have 5 betas and thats the limit. Then if I have to release a 2b 2c it gets all confusing. Also I use letters on my side for intermediate save points, so when I get to point where I am going to package it up and send it out then I might as well make it a solid release. I think letters might better be reserved for a different feature set like 1a= no tanks. Where as in this case B2 had some small things that would turn into major exploits So I think attempting to bury it was the best move.

Upvote 0
Somehow, I can't the map to show up in the server's webinterface. Any special stuff to add to the ini file or similar to make it work on the server?

I have never even seen the webinterface so I dont think that I would be much help. The only thing that has changed from B2 to B3 is the .rom file. all other files are the same. I was able to see it and play it in practice mode. Maybe Mike_Nomad or someone will come in here and help out.

Edit: Mike says he sees no problems and to check your file locations. All is working well on his server.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Somehow, I can't the map to show up in the server's webinterface. Any special stuff to add to the ini file or similar to make it work on the server?

First thing i saw is, that your download-file contents some compressed files in the system folder:

WaffenSSCamo44.u.uz2
WaffenSSCamo44.upl.uz2
WSSCamo44_1MOD.u.uz2
WSSCamo44_2MOD.u.uz2
WSSCamo44_3MOD.u.uz2
WSSCamo44_4MOD.u.uz2
WSSCamo44_5MOD.u.uz2

These files have to be uncompressed and put in the system folder.

The second thing, you have to add this to your ini-file. In the section

[Engine.GameEngine]

add this:

ServerPackages=WaffenSSCamo44
ServerPackages=WSSCamo44_1MOD
ServerPackages=WSSCamo44_2MOD
ServerPackages=WSSCamo44_3MOD
ServerPackages=WSSCamo44_4MOD
ServerPackages=WSSCamo44_5MOD

I hope it works now ! :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Ok i really like the look of it (as i did the 1st release) so congrats. I hope my first map can look as impressive as this.
I have only looked thou it in the ED so i cannot comment on gameplay balance issues- but i can give opinions on the asthetics/structure for what they are worth.

Are defensive items (88's or whatever) going into/behind the sandbag static meshes in the yard? With the exception of the straght pieces I dont think they would be layed out like that just for the sake of infantry cover.

I would be tempted to remove the 90deg spiral staircase from the plinth with the red brick house on top at the south of the yard - it would expect to see something more funtional like right angled steps flush to plinth- phaps with guardrail.
Up the wooden steps of this building support the platform outside the open door- with somthing angling into the brickwork. (Also support your rusty light yellow stair piece SMs you have dotted around- the industial package contains supports specifically for tham i believe.)

The 2 sandbags lines next to this spiral steps in front of the 1 story building ( bisecting the wall) seem to serve no purpose i would be tempted to lose them- in fact theres a few i would lose, phaps stick to just 1 or 2 different types of SM sandbags, and use sparingly. Theres enough natural cover anyway.
Are defensive items (88's or whatever) going into/behind the sandbag static meshes in the yard? With the exception of the straght pieces I dont think they would be layed out like that just for the sake of infantry cover.

At the eastern end of the yard- near the tower, i would move the supports for the industrial SM package pipes though right angles so they go between pipes and ground- so the majority of pipework is bare. In fact if you were going to include these static meshes i would be tempted to either use more of it, or scrap them altogether, maybe do something else.

Still at the far right of the map- Next to this you have two railway tankers sitting on a set of points- are you going to place another piece of straight track ending at the plinth with the crane on it? I see you have a berth there already- otherwise the points would serve no purpose. I would be more tempted to remove the points, and the sandbag square next to them and have the 2 railroads from the arches split into 3 ( so the points face the reverse direction)- all ending at the crane with rolling stock at the ends. Also widen the platform between the tracks near arches so it is flush with where a train would sit- and would therefore serve its purpose.

After exiting the bunker tunnels you come down a hill into an area before the rail yard. At the bottom a road approaches. The north and south edges have walls and the SM industral link fence. I would change the way it works with the sloping landscape as i think that makes things look a bit messy.
Firstly at the bottom where you have the gate- i would remove the fence pieces from the tops of the walls and replace with bsp with barbed wire texture phaps.
At the top end i would to everything to have your 3 fence pieces level, not following the terrain up. I appreciate with the terrain it does make things hard.
phaps place some simple SM bouders/rocks at one or both tops to prevent exiting this area.

Sorry if it sounds like i am being critical- believe me if i didn't think this map was great and had potential to be even more so I wouldn't say a word. I would hope for and expect the same if i release a map.

i hope you keep working on this map to make it stand out and become an establised classic map- it is certainly capable of being. As i said on hobo's thread, i would personnaly prefer a few polished quality maps than many that are almost there but not quite.

Upvote 0
Alright guys sorry for the confusion the packages have been updated in both places so new megaupload and new filefront location zip file has the same name though. Changes made based on what Mueck has been saying here I dont know much server side. I hope you find it working out better for you. Sorry for the inconvienience. Thanks for playing.

Thanks for helping out Mueck

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Finally I was able to get some answers to your comments and questions thanks your thoughts I do appreciate them and I will take action on at least a few.

My thoughts on this were that in the even of an air raid you would need somewhere to jump not just for infantry but for civies working the yard. They also serve as a gameplay controller in that you have to run around them I did not want a lot of straight running lanes.

I would be tempted to remove the 90deg spiral staircase from the plinth with the red brick house on top at the south of the yard - it would expect to see something more funtional like right angled steps flush to plinth- phaps with guardrail.
They may be a little out of place but I was trying to get away from straight lines everywhere.
Up the wooden steps of this building support the platform outside the open door- with somthing angling into the brickwork. (Also support your rusty light yellow stair piece SMs you have dotted around- the industial package contains supports specifically for tham i believe.)
I did try some angle thingies but the 2d editor just did not want to work right for me by the time I got all of the BSP holes out of this map I didn

Upvote 0