• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Plaid13

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 22, 2006
Out of bordom i was looking up the bt7 online but havnt found much of any info at all. But from what i have seen the one in the game is about 10kmh too slow. But anyway anyone know a good site to look up info on this tank? And can anyone guess why it can destroy tanks in one hit but not a half track?

Out of bordom i was looking up the bt7 online but havnt found much of any info at all. But from what i have seen the one in the game is about 10kmh too slow. But anyway anyone know a good site to look up info on this tank? And can anyone guess why it can destroy tanks in one hit but not a half track?

Try these, but they are pretty obvious so you may well have been there already:

http://www.wwiivehicles.com/html/ussr/bt.html
http://www.onwar.com/tanks/ussr/data/bt7m37.htm

Upvote 0
I'd like to know why it can withstand 3 50mm shells.

Agreed, i'ts probably the hardest tank to take out in game for some reason. Which when you consider its basicaly a T34 but without all the armour is damn annoying.

By the way, does anybody know where the ammo store is on it in game? Does it even have critical locations? I've yet to see one blow catastrophically.

Incidentely I believe the BT-7 in it's earliest form was actually able to run without its tracks, directly on it's road wheels. In this form it was much faster on roads, but in order to fight the tracks were always fitted. This may be why it's sometimes listed as having a faster speed than it appears to in game??

Upvote 0
But anyway anyone know a good site to look up info on this tank? And can anyone guess why it can destroy tanks in one hit but not a half track?
imo many of the light tanks get desroyed too easily, it was common for 88mm at shells to go in one side & out the other for tanks like the Stuart m5 in Africa. But an HE shot should realy muck it up!
my.02$

Upvote 0
Agreed, i'ts probably the hardest tank to take out in game for some reason. Which when you consider its basicaly a T34 but without all the armour is damn annoying.

By the way, does anybody know where the ammo store is on it in game? Does it even have critical locations? I've yet to see one blow catastrophically.

Incidentely I believe the BT-7 in it's earliest form was actually able to run without its tracks, directly on it's road wheels. In this form it was much faster on roads, but in order to fight the tracks were always fitted. This may be why it's sometimes listed as having a faster speed than it appears to in game??
It's so hard because it has this tiny ammo hit box that doesn't work half the time. I didn't know you could store over 100 45mm rounds into 6 by 6 inch box in the front.

Your better off ramming the damn thing with a half track or stabbing the driver in the face. :rolleyes:

It's just a PzIII clone that is a bigger pain in the *** to destroy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yeah with the wheels its a whole lot faster from what i have seen online but supposed to be about 50-55kmh on the tracks that would mean it was the fastest tank in the game. but in the game it feels sluggish. And yeah its too tough.

I would really love to see a urban city type map with these bt7s and the t60s vs the panzer 3s and 4s. No anti tank classes or anything but a nice combined arms map with at least 3 tanks per side. Has to be a city type map or maybe some sort of industral area close quarters tank fights right among the infantry. But somewhere where the infantry has a lot of cover with a bunch of diffrent paths to take to avoid the tanks. Maybe toss in a stug and a kv1 just for the hell of it. Not enough early war tank maps in the game. And not nearly enough urban maps. Really need to see this tank adjusted to be on par with what it should be. a light armored fast attack tank with a crappy gun. Just really confuses me that this small gun can take out a tank fairly easy but a halftrack takes a few hits.

Upvote 0
yeah something like leningrad but with the buildings more split up. like multiple streets Maybe covering a few city blocks. Would be best if it was about 50/50 tanks infantry and the tanks didnt have HE rounds. Like T60 bt7 and panzer3s Let the tanks machine guns do the work against the infantry instead of HE rounds. A normal town would be better then a city. Mostly one or two story buildings. Some homes shops factory that sort of stuff. One without many wide open areas. Close quarters fights for the infantry going building to building while the tanks fight over the streets to keep the path clear for the infantry.

Upvote 0
- Reaching top speed/or speeds listed would be under optimal conditions. The tank does move, on scale, at the appropriate speed. BUT when driving with the hatch closed, the allusion is that it moves at about 1/2 speed. Known bug to do with the animation portion of the model.
- Ammo store is about as accurate as possible. See here:
BT7_datasheet.jpg

- Troop carrier...yes, hard to retrofit Berezina so that the BT spawns near the infantry without giving the Russians an advantage for forward armor. Working a troop carrying tank into any map requires special considerations. The option is there though, and there is nothing stopping tankers from driving to infantry spawns and picking up some guys. It is still armor and most often for game play balance, will be spawned away from infantry, of course depends on the map.

- Damage. Yes, it is subject to the algorithms of the game on hit/damage detection. It is scaled according to the stock vehicles. Same with the gun, scaled to existing baseline. It is pretty much a two-shot to kill tank under most circumstances. Bad aim and/or the game mechanics might give you three hits but it is just as often killed with one shot as three, depending on your aim/hit etc.

Upvote 0
yeah something like leningrad but with the buildings more split up. like multiple streets Maybe covering a few city blocks. Would be best if it was about 50/50 tanks infantry and the tanks didnt have HE rounds. Like T60 bt7 and panzer3s Let the tanks machine guns do the work against the infantry instead of HE rounds. A normal town would be better then a city. Mostly one or two story buildings. Some homes shops factory that sort of stuff. One without many wide open areas. Close quarters fights for the infantry going building to building while the tanks fight over the streets to keep the path clear for the infantry.

If the tanks didnt have H.E. rounds, what would they be doing there? You may say to tackle enemy armour but in an urban enviroment you are probably better off using infantry against tanks anyway.
I'm no tank commander but i wouldn't put tanks in a built up area with their usual main weapon to clear out dug in defenses that can hurt them.(or in say the case of the PIII its Inf support PIV brother)
The tank is too vunerable and valuable an item to be used soley as an MG platform.
But yeah apart from that i like idea of these kinda maps.

Upvote 0
With a map like that the tanks would have mgs and i wouldnt want the infantry to have panzerfausts or any satchels or anything. Just tanks to kill tanks. and tanks to kill infantry. infantry would be helpless vs the tanks. As maps are now tanks dont have the fear effect they should on infantry because most maps theres a panzerfaust or satchels every fifty feet or so. If they didnt have HE rounds they would have at least one mg to use against the infantry but they would need to really aim instead of just launch a HE round in the area and kill a few people. This would mean the tank was very effective at killing infantry but it would also have to deal with the enemy tanks since no one else could.

from what i have read the top speed of the bt7 is about 52kmh in the game if i remember correctly it was pegged at 40kmh on the most level spots i could find to test it. With the wheels the top speed was supposed to be like 70kmh but since thats not modeled in the game its not important just some interesting info. Was also supposed to be able to cross a trench over 6 foot across. Would love to see that in game.

Upvote 0
With a map like that the tanks would have mgs and i wouldnt want the infantry to have panzerfausts or any satchels or anything. Just tanks to kill tanks. and tanks to kill infantry. infantry would be helpless vs the tanks. As maps are now tanks dont have the fear effect they should on infantry because most maps theres a panzerfaust or satchels every fifty feet or so. If they didnt have HE rounds they would have at least one mg to use against the infantry but they would need to really aim instead of just launch a HE round in the area and kill a few people. This would mean the tank was very effective at killing infantry but it would also have to deal with the enemy tanks since no one else could.

Erm,you do realize that,on a public server,if the tankers of one team weren't very good that then the infantry would suffer major rape from the opposing team's tanks as it would have no AT weapons to combat them?

Upvote 0
Well I think if people keep going for the least common denominator of RO player your not going to be able to create new experiences.

I recently played berezina and I was in that kv1 that spawns in the ditch, I had an AT gun behind me and I literally camped there in that exact same spot on the bridge for 25 minutes. The AT gunner was down to like 20 shells or something.

Does that mean that Berezina should never been made? Of course not. If anything harder maps should actually improve the player base.

Upvote 0
Problem is,that harder maps also cause a lot of annoyance if there's not a good team on either side.And don't get me wrong,I love Berezina and personally think it's one of the best RO maps but imagine the slaughter if the Germans had no AT weapons and would have to completely rely on their tanks?
I've seen a whole advance get stopped at either one of the lines because of the lack of decent tank support,as it is.Without infantry AT weapons it would be impossible.

Upvote 0
yeah on a urban map without at weapons of any sorts tanks could slaughter the infantry but thats why you would need alot of paths for them to take enough so theres just not a way for the tanks to cover all of them. and with at least 3 tanks per side it would be kinda rare to have all the tankers be totaly worthless.

Upvote 0