• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ROO pointless if your not a clanner?

DFN

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 4, 2007
Hi

I've been at ROO for about 3-4 months now, play 1-5hours per day and I'm getting increasingly frustrated by the lack of "good" servers, i.e. with a fairly decent and somewhat teamwork-oriented population. There was the Splat-server, but since they ruined it with the grenade-mutator, everything seems pitch black on the server side.

So what do you guys do? Run around and get frustrated untill you tear your own hair out or is there some secret hidden magic servers where everything is fantastic? Every serious player out there can't possibly be a clannie with access to private servers etc.

I'm this close to putting ROO away for good due to this, while I'll happily waste countless hours on a good game, but such as the server situation is for an european player atm it just seems pointless. Spending your evnings with lameass russo-campers on danzig, or tk'ers, weapon-stealers (bajo stabbing aiming for your hands), blockers and people who doesn't even ****ing understand the most basic concept of "capzone" simply isnt fun.

/DFN

Clan-Clam-Schlam. No one needs a clan. One of several public communities that only requires you to download and install Teamspeak: www.after-hourz.com Stop by, get the TS info and in minutes you can join the TS server, find the "Meatgrinder" channel and you'll have a number of good natured guys happy to have another boob off of VoIP. ;) j/k.

Every day, mid to late-evening eastern time you'll find someone, and on weekends as well throughout the day well past midnight. Just be mature and courteous and have a good time.

Upvote 0
clans

clans

I've played RO for about a year now and love it still.
Most of the time I join servers solo and try to hook up with someone who seems like they're working to help the team.
Sometimes just typing 'anyone want to work together?' will get at least 1 person to join you.
An MG & rifleman working together can help a team so much. Anyone working with you is helping you and you helping them + the team, so to me it makes sense.

I was in ICM for a while but due to commitments I had to leave as I cannot play that often now.
They're a great friendly bunch who make you feel welcome and don't have a chain of command but work together and have fun too.

Playing solo and watching your own team rifle butt each other in spawn can easily put you off the game so I see where you're coming from.
Wherever you go there's always idiots but fortunately far fewer in this game.
I used to play Battlefield 2 & BF 1942 and that had loads of smacktards killing each other on the same team.
I just used to hop servers until I found one that was OK, or a familiar name that I had played with in a previous match.

Andy

Upvote 0
No clan for me (tho I do play in a team !) its just team attitude that you are missing.
I can hop on to pretty much any server and start working with others and pretty soon others will start working with me, it really is a matter of attitude!

Clans are there to play against other clans, sure, team work moves up a notch but I disagree that you have to be in a clan to appreciate RO to its full potential !

Try the Russian server, I don't understand kucfing word of whats being said but teamwork is omnipresent.

Format your memory and try again, or better still join a clan, there is a whole forum dedicated to the subject.

Anyhow playing with the same people day in and day out is not very inspiring either !

In my humble opinion !

Upvote 0
Well, RO is one of the better games for teamwork out there. You just have to find the right servers, plug in your mic and start some teamwork. Usually a few people will respond are work together.

Before you join a clan, you have to understand that many clans require some kind of commitment, especially if they're serious about winning. Some clans however, are a lot more laid back and just want to have a good time (ICM, [CC], etc). Also, clan play isn't as realistic as Iron Crescendo, considering you play with only 6 - 8 guys on your side.

So if realism is your thing, and if you want teamwork without having to deal with the commitment of clan play, then IC is probably what you'll have to look for. There are also "realism" tournaments but I've never realistic squad movement work in RO because one nade will just take you all out (believe me, we tried in the BFE days).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey, thank you for your suggestions guys :)

I've got nothing against clans, got a history myself as organizer, raidleader and guildleader in major sized MMO guilds. Heck, I even had a small informal clan in an online 2D arrow-key controlled spaceship shooter well over a decade ago ;) I'd prefer an english speaking scandie community tho due to ping etc (brits may be tolerable as long as they ain't heavy dialectic scousers :p), but not many of my friends are interested in "converting" to ROO from other games so I can't sort of bring a gang with me (bloody infidels!).

That said, I'll have a look at your suggestions and we'll see what I end up with.

Thank you again.

/DFN

Upvote 0