• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rifles Have Been Nerfed Post-Patch

Yeah I think it's some sort of lag messing up the positions of people. Here is what I've seen with tanks due to lag, mentioning tanks as it's easier to see.

eg1, Enemy tank is trucking along and then puts on the brakes. A split second after he stops (usually just as I fire) he warps back about one tank lenght. Uncommon

eg2, When tank driving, you can warp back about one tank lenght and see your own dust trails as you drive over the same bit of ground. Much more common for everyone (see complaints on the chat)

When you have stopped (properly angled of course) and go to gun site, the shot you fire off seems to appear one tank lenght to the side you were driving too, looks like another tank beside you actually took the shot (of course your aim is off as it's shooting way left or right). So if your gun is turned to the right, the shot appears from the left, as if you went further than you really did (see EG1). Maybe some disconnect occures between the server and your PC on your position?!. It's fixed just by moving forward a bit and stopping which I guess updates your postion. But with tanks it's visable when you have this problem, for rifles it would be an invisable problem.

I'd think it's more visable with tanks as due to their speed the distance traveled per update is greater, so any 'fixing' of postion done by the netcode and prediction code will be more obvious.

T.

Upvote 0
After playing last night, and really looking out for the problem, I noticed it a few times and the warping was a lot more noticeable.

Same server I always play on, and I admin it. Not too much changed with the .ini, just map rotations, map length, Forgive system and Autobalance system.

It's got to be something with the lag/netcode side of things for warping and failed hit registers to rear their ugly heads.

Upvote 0
I got to play for a couple hours last night. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary with the bolts (K98 & MN 91/30). I missed some shots that I thought should have hit but that always happens. It's either my bad aim or some little glitch. The vast majority of the time I hit when I had a good sight picture and only missed when the sight picture or conditions weren't so good.

I'll chalk up my earlier experiences to remnants of bloom spazzing my system unless it starts happening again.

Upvote 0
We're seeing more and more random players in the local pub server complaining in general chat that "player x" is invincible. While mass delusion does exist, it generally doesn't manifest independently for each sufferer as this issue is. While I realise that this doesn't help locate the issue, I can say that it really does seem to be lag related. There are some strange things happening and as many have mentioned, warping players are becoming an all too frequent occurence, something that was an incredibly rare sight in the past.

Upvote 0
We're seeing more and more random players in the local pub server complaining in general chat that "player x" is invincible. While mass delusion does exist, it generally doesn't manifest independently for each sufferer as this issue is. While I realise that this doesn't help locate the issue, I can say that it really does seem to be lag related. There are some strange things happening and as many have mentioned, warping players are becoming an all too frequent occurence, something that was an incredibly rare sight in the past.

It happens in practice mode ALOT. I loaded ponry(?) b7 last night and blasted away at the bots . And about half the time it was an issue. Rifles (bolt & semi) subs, and pistols. Would net code be an issue in practice mode?

Any devs willing to chime in on this with any positive feedback? Or are you guys under an NDA?

Upvote 0

A first for me, I had this for everyone! I couldn't move through them (thought I was clipping something first) until I realized I couldn't see anyone from my team. Even saw MG tracers coming out of thin air. Bunch of people spawned in and I saw them for a while.. but about 50 feet away they all disappeared again. Doing a suicide command and respawn fixed the problem.

No idea how this or if it comes into play with the missed shots you can't miss, but invisable people was a first for me tonight.

T.

Upvote 0
Only had problems with aligning aim. Today, I have to aim a pixel or two to the right so the bullet hits the target. Just have to keep reminding myself about it.

It's like in Simpsons(tm) where Bart hangs around with Nelson, he gets this BB-Gun and is told to shoot a bird on a tree, where Bart aims to away, shoots and kills the bird... Nelson then says "Wow, you even calculated the curved barrel, lol!" ^^

Upvote 0
lol i've seen alot of guys trying to kill just spawned invisible players:p
like me.. got called cheater.. well then i told him it was in spawn.. rofl
so far i've never met an invincible player...played alot.. though my friend had a missing bullet shooting a guy pointblank...
but you sometimes you read stuff like this
http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showpost.php?p=338520&postcount=403

either the enemy sucked donkeyballs or the SMG does.. or well.. it's a bug..
maybe actully it's a bug that you dont get your invincibility turned off after spawn?

the rifles seems okey on most non overloaded servers.. on servers that you feel are overloaded.. they seem to bug now and then..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Could this be related to packet loss maybe? Something similar came up back in the mod days (IE: you'd be aiming DEAD at someone's back, fire, and they wouldn't flinch), but it was fixed in RO:Ost. I always figured it was either packet loss or something like that.

Did the new patch add in more information for servers to be tracking?

Upvote 0
You are assuming this is the case, or do you know for sure they cann't handle it ? Did you see their cpu or networkload etc etc etc ?
Assumptions don't help here, we need facts.

Monk.

err, a server that runs all players at about 140ms ping cant handle the load, thats a fact. Doesnt matter if the network is the bottleneck, CPU or mem.
And tbh. you can point at every second server that runs more than 32 players and wont be wrong when you claim its slots are set too high

Upvote 0
err, a server that runs all players at about 140ms ping cant handle the load, thats a fact. Doesnt matter if the network is the bottleneck, CPU or mem.
And tbh. you can point at every second server that runs more than 32 players and wont be wrong when you claim its slots are set too high

been saying that for some time.....Most servers out there that are running 32+ slots arent capable of it.

Heck, there are servers that cant even handle Arad with only 32 people on it :eek:

Upvote 0