• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Vidzeme_Beta2

smokeythebear

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Sheppards house
d097d0b020d0a1d182d0b0dkf2.jpg

Changelog

-No more engineers for axis side, now satchel pickups are scattered around the map
-Added some small details
-Better spawn protection for both sides
-Reinforcements increased for both sides
-Axis SL now has the option of a G41
-Allies now have better artillery

From the four or so games I played on a 40 slot server today I can safely say this is a great map. It looks good and it plays well. I hope this version ends up on one of the TWB servers now that all the kinks are worked out, I'd like to see how it plays with 50 people. Anyway the next version will be the final one, so please make suggestions Asap!

Download

http://dodownload.filefront.com/840...379d92e80b93901a4b3dec14e39de4316ad6972b4329b

Very nice map but IMO spawns of attackers are too far from objective, especially to the last. I played this map today and both rounds were won by allies. Spawn of attackers should be 2 times shorter than defenders beacuse in defence is much easier especially in trenches. When I was playing german team really were trying everything to win but defence is just too strong, even 1 men with ppsh can easily kill 5 approaching germans to the trenches so there should be more players in axis team but it's impossible in RO. So there should be at least spawn of attackers much closer to simulate some numerical superiority of attackers. This is problem of many maps, for example Odessa. I've never seen when soviets captured 2 last objectives (unless reinforcments of germans were out). Maybe sometimes when players in axis team were total noobs. But I've seen situations when soviets couldn't even get away from their spawn. Spawn of attackers on Odessa and other maps is farther than defenders when it should be oppositely...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Very nice map but IMO spawns of attackers are too far from objective, especially to the last. I played this map today and both rounds were won by allies. Spawn of attackers should be 2 times shorter than defenders beacuse in defence is much easier especially in trenches. When I was playing german team really were trying everything to win but defence is just too strong, even 1 men with ppsh can easily kill 5 approaching germans to the trenches so there should be more players in axis team but it's impossible in RO. So there should be at least spawn of attackers much closer to simulate some numerical superiority of attackers. This is problem of many maps, for example Odessa. I've never seen when soviets captured 2 last objectives (unless reinforcments of germans were out). Maybe sometimes when players in axis team were total noobs. But I've seen situations when soviets couldn't even get away from their spawn. Spawn of attackers on Odessa and other maps is farther than defenders when it should be oppositely...

For beta one axis won 90% of the games I played, with the last objective almost always being the easiest to capture (which it should be). The outcome of the match largely depends upon how well the PzIV is used as well as artillery by the Axis team. As for putting attackers closer to an objective then defenders... thats just crazy ;)

Upvote 0
Finally got a chance to try this map on a 50 player server - awesome map and easily the best looking custom out there IMO!

Didnt notice any major stuff, except last objective might be a bit too hard for germans. I played russian and once we were defending almost no germans got to the river because of russians getting in the flanks them all the time (and not defending the objective).

Upvote 0