• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Poll for of the Krivoi Rog map

Poll for of the Krivoi Rog map

• I love the map and can't fault it

Votes: 31 19.5%
  • I know aspects of the map are contrived/false, but I still like it

Votes: 30 18.9%
  • I know aspects of the map are contrived/false, but I can live with it

Votes: 28 17.6%
  • The map is too contrived/false, and I don't like it

Votes: 26 16.4%
  • I am a tanker, but I will never play this map again

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • If it's not possible to produce good long range tank map, don't bother

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • I'd rather have long drive times than the "Krivoi solution"

Votes: 21 13.2%
  • I'd rather have a different solution to long drive times

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • I'd like to see more maps like Krivoi, but with slight changes

Votes: 36 22.6%
  • I don't play tank maps

Votes: 22 13.8%

• Total voters

Recce

Grizzled Veteran
May 31, 2006
There's are other threads with peoples comments about the new tank map, but I wanted to see what the split of opinion was (amoung those who answer these polls).
It's a multi-answer poll, so what do you think of the map, and what would you like to see in other maps.

Last edited:
I see there is quite a issue with people wanting realistic distance and drive times - for that play WW2OL Now know as Battleground europe.

In a FPS / Realism Game, Having massive drive times is very little flanking ablity ( no cover, set areas/directions of entry) , Little Terrian diffrence (hills, gullys, mountains).

Just makes for long driving, then quick start stop - tank cannon fight and some one dies. Where as with the latter their is ambushing, via roads or transportation routes (no one is going to drive 40km's offroad as 1/3 the speed.) as well as hard combat via bush to hill to mount, to mountain side combat.

Perhaps with some Optics for the tank cannons, Longer distances would become more fun endevor.

Upvote 0
The map seems a bit constructed, but it's the first proper tank map with seemingly realistic possibilities to actually outmaneuver enemy tanks, so I really like it. My gunner (AttilaDerHeide) and me did really have a blast playing it, but after two consecutive rounds of mad killing sprees, it got a little bit old. I think that has to do with the free weekend, since there are quite a lot of people who do not know how to handle a tank properly - we popped an insane amount of tanks that just didn't get that they got attacked from the side.
But either way, it's the first tank map in which we actually managed to fire all our tank rounds. Too bad, we got pwned on the way to the next ammunition reload spot.

What we didn't like was the inability of getting atop of those hills. Damn mines.

Upvote 0
People always stay close to the middle mountain zone, the rest of the map are actually wasted. I think it's better to add some details to this map, like some villages or river, rather than the useless mountains which make this map boring.

And the villages shall be across the map, not only in the middle.

92_380_18bbd0aae105a15.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i still like it, it's the tank map that all together still is as good if not better then any other tankmap.
you can get action in less than a minute and you can really flank.

i just got my first 1500 meter kills with my StuG!! and some smart *** russians seem to use their speed to an advantage by using the flanks to get a good angle at us. while its nearly impossible to hit a moving t-34 at 1000+ meters.

today for more than 2 minutes me and 4 other panzers were shooting at a t-34 that had flanked us and was shooting at us from 1400 meters. he must have recieved 20+ shells and i finally got him by using HE shells.
>AP shells bounce desperately over 1000 meters on an angled tank

Upvote 0