• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MEDIC!!!!!!!1111oneelevenone

The problem with this is that in the days before kevlar one bullet was enough to put you down for good. If you got shot field medicine wasn't (and still often isn't) enough to get someone back into the fight. An arm or leg wound would be the only thing that a medic could realistically heal enough to keep a man fighting and in RO there just aren't enough of those types of wounds to make a medic class worthwhile.

Upvote 0
not about RO medic suggestion.
But it seems that medic(to give first aid) was very near the front line so when an assaut have succeed or not they see immediatly the wound.

I remember a german first aid post with a tiger rolling behind and his helmet with an hole in it. (and a little medic flag planted near his trenches.

Then i don't know if it is propaganda but you always see soviet medic providing help during an assault.

Upvote 0
I can't really understand the reasoning behind the suggestion.

Players respawn no matter what happens to them after someone hits them bad enough. Whether they are actually just wounded or dead doesn't matter in regards of the reinforcement pool. The reinforcements represent soldiers that are able to fight.

Upvote 0
I can't really understand the reasoning behind the suggestion.

Players respawn no matter what happens to them after someone hits them bad enough. Whether they are actually just wounded or dead doesn't matter in regards of the reinforcement pool. The reinforcements represent soldiers that are able to fight.

read my first post again and then repost plz

Upvote 0
read my first post again and then repost plz

Maybe I should have elaborated more, as my reply was quite short.

What I meant is that it does not matter whether a casualty dies or not. What matters is that the casualty is unable to fight. The reinforcements in RO, as in real-life, represent a fixed amount of soldiers. The amount is not affected by the actual method of losing soldiers, be they wounded or dead. The battles in RO are so short that a soldier, who is wounded badly enough that he can't fight on, cannot be patched up in time to return no matter how mad skillz the surgeon in a field hospital has.

All in all, dressing the wounds of some poor sod who's been shot in the shoulder should not affect the reinforcement pool. Although, its nice to the individual soldier of course.

Upvote 0
NO NO and NO again... You cant have medics in a battle, because if a soldier was wounded in battle and he was able to be retrieved and still alive, his *** would be carted away by an ambulance where he would probably die anyway...

Its been said time and time again, you CAN NOT have medics in RO it just would not work out.. You die and thats it..:cool:

Upvote 0
I thought of your idea lemon the day the game came out

Where you could heal and drag back to HQ or Spawn w/e and thus keeping renforcments up a little more

I dont know about everyone but MY fav class would be a a medic with a pistol and smoke nades =D

I never posted b/c well

IT WILL NEVER EVER EVER HAPPEN

So no need to wate time lol

Upvote 0
Really? in some ways that surprises me. I was about to argue in favour of medics, but if they never actually operated on the front line then I see no reason in having them. In the way that they worked, anyone that was actually recovered by the medics (and still living for that matter) would be in no condition to fight.

Yup, unlike the Western Front, on the Eastern front, the medics of both sides were not treated all that often to the privilege of the red cross protecting them because of the Geneva Convention. Medics on the East front got in, got their wounded and got the hell out fast with them if they could because they were just as much a target as the regular soldier. The challenge then was to get the wounded alive to a medical station, which were almost as deadly as the battlefield due to poor conditions/hygiene. Things tended to be pretty brutal on the East...the Soviets alone had 8.5 million soldiers killed in action, not including other casualties.
Forget the medics, it would add an element far too much like a contrived Western Front model.

Upvote 0