• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Enough with the Beta Map versions!

Mekstizzle

Oct 25, 2006
Seriously. It seems as if there are at least 10 Beta versions of each bloody map on servers. Forcing you to download all of them! Can't there be some sort of standard? Or better yet, why do mappers feel the need to release a Beta every 5 minutes? They play fine, they don't even need to be betas.

I understand that some people want things perfect, but sometimes it's over the top. Infact sometimes I feel people do it "just to fit in" and tbh I haven't seen a finished custom map yet, aside from the ones that are with the patches. Not ragging on the modding community, just giving some advice from a normal person, because you're doing more harm than good.

:mad:

ever made a map ? I guess not

Even so, released Betas should be spaced out a bit. Also, Servers should try and refrain from constant changes of versions.

What bugs me more than this though are the amount of remakes others do on established Maps. Perhaps every Tom, Dick, and Harry who edits an existing Map has a good idea and adds something nifty or unique, but what's better are new Maps, new Locations, etc.

Upvote 0
It's up to the server admins to keep their custom maps up to date.

Indeed, blame the admins, not the mappers. A good mapper will not "release a Beta every 5 minutes" because they will work to ensure what they have is a solid release and then use public feedback to help it toward final. If mappers didn't have multiple beta releases, you'd probably be stuck with a lot of broken/poor releases.

Upvote 0