• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ultra-realistic blood splatters

Dellamorte

Jul 28, 2007
i'm a big fan of really well done blood in first person shooters, to me it really adds something to the game. I want to suggest more blood on the ground and dead characters after death and some more blood splattering with explosives(paint the room red:)) and against walls.

anybody else second this?

Red Orchestra already demonstrates great blood effects. Anyone who wants guts and gallons of red splattered on a room wall has a serious mental issue in my book...
In Red Orchestra, try shooting someone directly with an explosive device, you see a gianat explosion of red and limbs go everywhere, how is not that enough to satisfy you? Look at a decapitated and maimed Russian who got hit by a grenade in a winter map, how does that not totally define gore? I don't know if this is just me, but I seriously don't want more gore inputted into RO, the game already did a great job with inputting mass gore without making it strikingly disgusting IMO. :rolleyes:

PS- For future reference, this topic has been beaten to death previously, use the search function.

-Mauser98k

Upvote 0
I agree with Mauser (and Ermac) altough I think there should be more part of the body that should be able to come of, like upper arm, upper leg and maybe even the head. This wouldnt necessarily mean more blood just more variation.

If upper arms and legs are already ingame you'll have too excuse me not studying RO corpses so much. Haven't seen it as far as I can remember atleast.

Upvote 0
I agree with Mauser (and Ermac) altough I think there should be more part of the body that should be able to come of, like upper arm, upper leg and maybe even the head. This wouldnt necessarily mean more blood just more variation.

If upper arms and legs are already ingame you'll have too excuse me not studying RO corpses so much. Haven't seen it as far as I can remember atleast.

the head already comes off. try shooting someone with a ptrd in the head.

Upvote 0
What isn't realistic at all is the lack of dust puffs when you hit a person. The only thing to go by now is whether or not they suddenly go limp, there should really be large puffs of dust/snow. What'd be cool is if when you set the 'vehicle track dust color' setting in the map editor will also change the color of dust puff ups from shooting people. Probably suggested before though.

Upvote 0
More blood generally equals less realism. Seems some people watch far too many Hollywood movies and/or Anime. The current gore level is already quite realistic.

Yes, people want to see things like in Elfen Lied/Rambo happen when they throw a grenade.

But, yeah, it'd be more realistic to have guts spilling, and all that, remember when the guy in Brothers in Arms got hit by the stuka, I guess that what the realsim and gore dudes want.

But I'm fine with what it is. I play this game for tactics and a good time not senseless bloodshed (even though, you could still call it that, war being war), my point being a good time not killing for killing and not killing for a good time.

Big realism with RO blood is it isn't visible enough. I mean the bleeding not the awesome decals you say behind a guy when you shoot him. Those are fine.

Upvote 0
You guys are correct, more blood does not equal more realism, however I would like to second the comment that the blood disappears too quickly and the bodies also fade too fast. The blood in RO is finely done, as well as the spatters on walls, although I cannot say it is the reason I play the game. Perhaps a little more blood on the ground around the body, a longer corpse staying period (perhaps adjustable) and a longer staying period for the blood on walls and the like. also, some wound effects on the dead or living besides grenade blasts would be pretty cool too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0