• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Post Your Airsoft Field Gear Loadouts

Polygon

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 17, 2005
polygon.redorchestragame.com
Hey guys,

I realize there is a general airsoft thread below this one, but I thought I should create one dedicated specifically to uniform and field gear loadouts for playing. I'll start this thread off with my very own:

Description: This is a primarily Russian oriented uniform and gear set, and as you can see, I'm using the Partizan camouflage smock and trousers as well as standard infantry boots and an M32 tactical vest. All of these came direct from Russia with love. My primary weapon is a Tokyo Mauri Beta Spetsnaz and a VZ61 Skorpion submachine gun for my secondary. The mask is a custom anti-fogging paintball type I purchased recently and thought it accented my rather unique choice in camouflage. The person who sold me the mask had grafted part of a Halloween mask on which looks pretty awesome in person.

soft1.jpg

soft4.jpg

soft2.jpg

soft3.jpg

Pfft, I only have a G36c and two mags. I haven't played airsoft in... three years because nobody else plays it. And I think my mags are jammed also. Stupid low-grade beans that left white residue there.

Oh and it COSTS TOO MUCH. 375 euros for the G36c. Too much for me.

If you look around, you might find some good deals. For example, my Tokyo Mauri Spetsnaz was only $215 plus shipping when it typically goes for much more from a dealer.

Upvote 0
Cheers man i wondered about that but i suppose alot of partizans fought for the Germans during the war as well and it is a good camo, i was going to do the whole Russian soldier impression and convert my AK into a pkm but then i bought some cheap flecktarn and went mad from there. Good to see some Russian impression there was to many ppl doing U.S or British army impression when i used to airsoft.

Upvote 0
Not to rain on a parade or anything, but doesn't the $$$ stack up way too much for the guns
Not necessarily. Sure, you can go full-out and buy dozens of guns that cost hundreds of dollars apiece, but you only really need one gun, maybe a backup sidearm if you want one, and you can get a decent quality, skirmishable rifle for between one and two hundred dollars, about the same amount of money that a starter paintball gun would run.

(especially the WWII Variety where it is 10x more than a real one)
Regarding WW2 stuff, I'll be the first to agree that prices for airsoft K98s and Mosins are fairly ridiculous (here is an airsoft Mosin oh wait it only costs nearly a thousand god damned dollars), but you can get an okay airsoft MP40 for about $150, if that's what you're into.

You can find milsurp stuff that'll work well enough for airsofting for pretty cheap/free if you look around. I've never really been a fan of the "gear *****" mentality; I'm not going to be covering my entire body in MOLLE pouches anytime soon.

when the feedback from shooting someone with a paintball is more satisfying?
"More satisfying" is a pretty subjective term. I think it's pretty satisfying to shoot someone with an airsoft gun, hell, I think it's satisfying to shoot soda cans with an airsoft gun. Maybe I'm just easy to please.

Upvote 0
Not to rain on a parade or anything, but doesn't the $$$ stack up way too much for the guns (especially the WWII Variety where it is 10x more than a real one) and gear when the feedback from shooting someone with a paintball is more satisfying?

People who get gear just for WW2 airsoft... well, not recommended.

If you want to get the idea, try to get german paratrooper gear JUST for airsofting. The very minimals so the set actually might look like german para has cost of about 1300-1600 dollars. And proper set is 3500 dollars and plus. And if you want to be true HC, jumpstraps, jumppack and jumpchute (I presume real ones) are ~2000 together. And real jumpboots are ~1000 dollars. I am not aware of any 'true' reproductions, with the expection of some "lousy" modified US jumpboots.

Even "proper" Heer\WSS impression would be about 800-1000 dollars. Then add your airsoft gun. With that money alone you could get any decent\great modern set just like that and a cheap\decent airsoft gun.

Upvote 0
Here's my AK collection as it stands right now, i still have to find some field gear that goes with them that is not either out of stock everywhere, or too modern and SWAT like.

AKS1.jpg

KittySabotage2.jpg

KittySabotage1.jpg

Ofcourse, no sooner than i had set them up in a photogenic fashion, they where attacked by the Kitty goon squad! :D
(No worries, i had just handled them all and knew for a fact they contained neither batteries nor BB's).

From left to right, in chronological order:

AKM (Guarder kit).
AK-74 (VFC).
AKS-74N (VFC).
AKS-74M (Guarder kit plus new S.T.A.L.K.E.R'ish OD furniture!).

Upvote 0