• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Iron Sight suggestions [Merged].

I played Call of Duty from the moment it was released, bought the expansion and finally Call of Duty 2. The iron sights were 3D. In all my time I certainly don't remember them using a 2D texture like some games/mods, I believe these were in fact the first games to introduce 3D sights, possibly the first to introduce "iron sights" altogether. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I played Call of Duty from the moment it was released, bought the expansion and finally Call of Duty 2. The iron sights were 3D. In all my time I certainly don't remember them using a 2D texture like some games/mods, I believe these were in fact the first games to introduce 3D sights, possibly the first to introduce "iron sights" altogether. :rolleyes:

Infiltration for UT99 was the first to do that, and the first to use free-aim. And I still think that there are many things in INF that are better than most games today that RO could use...

Upvote 0
I just noticed today that when you look down your sites, your iron sites are totally alligned even if you sway it back and forth....

I think it should be like Call of duty 2's sites, which I really like...but minus the zoom. The sites aren't static, and if you turn left or right fast or look or or down fast, the back site and front site aren't alligned and yeah....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTSlVZlN4fU&mode=related&search=

At around 50 you'll see what I'm talking about...maybe

I just grabbed my Nagant 91/30 and brought it to up, while walking around and aiming up/down/side to side, the front and back sights do not drift away from each other at all. This is because the rifle is pulled tight against the body, the only was I find to replicate the separation drift that you are talking about is to pretty much move your head and shoulders around like a you are having a mild seizure, so it is accurately modeled in game.

Upvote 0
Well, doesn't have to be as pronounced for small turns, but for those greater turns - and you'll have loads upon loads of those situations in RO (remember that PPSh guy lying on the floor in Garage on Krasnyi, covering both doors and the basement exit, simultaneously?) - it could be added. I'm all for it.

Upvote 0
Well, doesn't have to be as pronounced for small turns, but for those greater turns - and you'll have loads upon loads of those situations in RO (remember that PPSh guy lying on the floor in Garage on Krasnyi, covering both doors and the basement exit, simultaneously?) - it could be added. I'm all for it.

For that I would want a limit on how far or how quickly you can turn. e.g., same limit as the MG, but when you reach the limit your turn speed slows down a good deal.

Hey, that's genius! :D

Upvote 0
Nonsense. CoD1 was one of the first (if not THE first) big commercial games that had 3d iron sights. Of course CoD2 had them too.

Hidden and Dangerous 1 only had one way of aiming your weapon and that was through IronSights.
They were not 2d, but 3d.
So CoD fails, again. Like it fails in every way IMO

Upvote 0
H&D wasn't a big commercial success. H&D 1 and 2 are both pretty hardcore and off the mainstream. I fail to see how that would make CoD "fail", just because someone had 3d-iron sights before them. Numerous mods had them even before that. So what?
CoD introduced them to the mainstream. You barely see a new shooter without them nowadays.

Besides, my quote is ripped out of context, because I was mainly responding to the guy who claimed that the iron sights in Cod were 2d.

Upvote 0