• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MS face $1bn Xbox repair bill

Today, July 5, 2007 Microsoft admits that the number of repairs 'are unacceptable' and the company may face a $1billion (billion with a "B") Xbox repair bill!

Hinting for the first time that the company faces more than just isolated reliability problems with the Xbox 360 console, Microsoft have today revealed that they could face a one-billion dollar bill for the extension of warranties to cover faulty consoles.

Full story here: http://play.tm/story/11476

Anything that causes the evil-empire massive loss in revenue is a good thing.

Consoles still suck donkey scrotum however, now if only developers would make games for PCs again. Tripwire is one of the few last hopes for PC gaming.
I hate to burst your bubble here, but this is from the front page of TWI's official site, Dated 09-07-2006.

Tripwire Interactive is looking for highly talented and dedicated individuals to work on upcoming PC and next generation console projects.
So long as they make PC games first and port them to console second I have no problem with it, but the instant any of this "developed simultaneously for multiplatforms" (read: consolified crap) comes along, it's all over.

Upvote 0
So long as they make PC games first and port them to console second I have no problem with it, but the instant any of this "developed simultaneously for multiplatforms" (read: consolified crap) comes along, it's all over.
Don't think that's going to happen because:

- Their budget is probably like half of what I takes to buy a console-specific hardware development kit.
- Their team is way too small to develop two games, and seeing what is happening I'm pretty sure, or do I'd almost know they would develop a PC game first.
- It's old news.

Upvote 0

Ive just finished Call of Cthulhu which was one of the best, most mature, intelligent and realistic games I played. It's a console port and maybe its the one and only case that contradicts the rule but it really only takes one exception to nullify a rule you so religiously believe in.

Upvote 0
I have tried playing real golf. I hit the same house three times from the driving range (100yards to the right of the range). I then proceeded to entertain anyone within sight of my lack of golfing ability. I was seriously trying to play to lol. I have since refused to play real golf out of respect for those that can play and enjoy a civilized round.

Upvote 0